New here, may be asking for help

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: New here, may be asking for help

New here, may be asking for help

I'm new here. I am in a Java class now. It's part 2 of a Java class but unfortunately I missed part 1. When I took part one it was C++ (which I also sucked at) but then I moved and never took part 2 of C++ then it switched to Java. GRR. I know nothing about it and suck at programming anyway. A friend suggested I get on some forums for help, so here I am. My class just started today and I might be able to get thru the first couple of projects but after that I just don't know. Let me tell you, I am DUMB when it comes to this stuff so bear with me!

Why are you taking programming courses?
    Perhaps you should take courses that you are good at or are interested in.

Norm,
    I am taking it because I have to for my degree in Mgt/CIS. However, I have no desire to be a programmer, I currently work in Networking and will stick with that.

make some friends with some of the more nerdy people in the class and get them to help you enough so you will get a D and pass.

If you took some C++ classes and passed, then java shouldnt be much of a problem for you.

Yep...I have a couple of people helping me a bit. I hope I make at least a C though. I do want to learn a little something out if it, but I do know that programming is not for me career wise.