Here's what I am attempting to do :
I have a network of 6 computers at home. I have a collection of over 200 DivX encoded movies located on my fastest "server" computer (I say server, cuz I use this computer to stream video from my security cams, my home web page, etc--but does not implement Windows server edition, just windows XP). Now, this computer serves up a web page that shows an inventory listing of these movies, and I would like to place a control on this page that would open a new instance of Windows media player on the client computer (passing the selected movie's location as a parameter), and closing the original web page.
I suppose I COULD try streaming the movie, but that would limit the client computers to watching only one movie at any given time, not to mention slow the server computer down to a crawl. (not to mention that the server computer is already streaming output from my security cams).
I HAVE tried to implement this in a variety of ways, but the BEST I could do was to get the Movie inventory web page to open up an instance of WMP on the Server computer, rather than on the client computer.....

Any Ideas ? Please ?