Text file

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Text file

Text file

I 've written a programm on Windows98 notepad and wanted to compile it under MS-DOS C++ compiler. I got fatal error saying that I must use C++ for STDCOMP.H. My compiler wanted to include stdcomp.h and written that error. I've checked there is stdcomp.h file in my library. What do I do wrongly?
    Please help me. Thank you in advance.

Is stdcomp.h in the right location? You probably need to make sure that it exists and that the compiler knows where to find it. The latter is done by specifying the default search paths, depending on your compiler.
    Danny Kalev

The stdcomp.h is in directory "include" like for example iosteam.h which compiler always finds. I have also written #include<stdcomp.h>. Is it possible that different path is needed for the compiler to compile file written in MS-DOS editor than in Windows 98 Notepad in spite of compiling both files ( ms-dos and windows 98 notepad)
    in Borland " bin" directory and all included files are in directory "include". Additionaly compiler does not say that it cannot include stdcomp.h ( which should write 'cos did it before when I had not configured it ). To cap it all, compiler can include <iostream.h>
    and writes a fatal error saying that "Must use C++ for stdcomp.h "when I compile file written in Windows98 Notepad. If anybody can help me please do.

Try to rewrite the file using a different editor. I suspect that notepad inserts binary characters to the file that the compiler treats as letters or separators. Also, make sure that the source file you're compiling has a .cpp or .cxx extension. Otherwise the compiler would assume that it's a C file.
    Danny Kalev