dcsimg

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Error:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond

Angry Error:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond

Hi All,

Current scenario :

I am having an application using the .Net remoting concept.We are using SingleCall well-known objects to call remote object that do not retain state information that relates to each call in their memory.We are using tcp channel with binary formatter and port 7001.

The component to be used remotingly is hosted in a Windows Service and 2 instances of the services are installed on two machines.The configuration of the services, i.e. the URI to get the remoting running, is stored in the central configuration database.The proxy reads the configuration to determine how many services are available, and how they can be reached. When a request comes in (that is, a method has been called), the proxy chooses a random Service from a list with all available services and tries 10 times.

While creating an instance remote class through client proxy it tries 10 times,then gives an error: "A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond."

Error Message:

Stack trace information

Error:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

Source:mscorlib

Method:Void HandleReturnMessage(System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage, System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.IMessage)

Stack:

Server stack trace:

at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.RemoteConnection.CreateNewSocket()

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.SocketCache.GetSocket(String machineAndPort)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.SendRequestWithRetry(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpClientTransportSink.ProcessMessage(IMessage msg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream requestStream, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders, Stream& responseStream)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryClientFormatterSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)
    Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at TCom.Wdhs.ResourceManager.IWDHSResourceManager.ChangeDBAdmin(String languageID, String realname, String username, String oldPWD, String newPWD)

at TCom.Wdhs.ResourceManager.ResourceManagerProxy.ChangeDBAdmin(String languageID, String realname, String username, String oldPWD, String newPWD)

Checks already made:
    I have checked the destination address ,it is a valid IP address.I have validated hostname,it resolve to the correct address.

I am unable to figure out reasons for it

Any inputs for resolution will be of great help

Waiting for quick replies as one of my functionality is not working because of it
    Thanks
    Purti Malhotra

1. How are you instantiating the Single-call object in the service, via code or via app.config?

Steve
    Stephen H. Stubbs
    Software Systems Engineer
    Smith Engineering, LLC

Hi steve

Thanks for replying.I am instanstiating it through a app.config file.
    Thanks
    Purti

I would suggest that you comment out the app.config Remoting call and instantiate both the client and server in code. This is more work but I have found that it is much easier to troubleshoot when there are problems.

Steve
    Stephen H. Stubbs
    Software Systems Engineer
    Smith Engineering, LLC

Hi Steve

U know i got the reply .The problem was that TCP port on that server was not connectable even though we were able to ping that IP successfully.

Thanks Steve for taking interest in my problem.
    Take care
    Purti

Error:A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not respond

Hi Purti,

I am facing same problem in my application which is hosted on server.

Can you please suggest what are the resolution steps that you took ?
    Its urgent.