Please I Need Help to solve these Java Questions. THANKS IN ADVANCE

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Please I Need Help to solve these Java Questions. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Please I Need Help to solve these Java Questions. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Q: Which is true about the client's view of exceptions received from an EJB?
    1 Receiving an application exception communicates to the client that the bean will no longer be accessible
    2 The client of a CMT bean can determine if the transaction has been rolled back by calling the getStatus() method of the java.transaction.UserTransaction interface
    3 If the client receives an EJBException, the client must discontinue the transaction
    4 If the client receives the java.rmi.RemoteException exception, the client will not typically know whether the method has completed

2> is my answer with the limited experience I had with EJB. If not could you please explain?

Q: In Java, how can I place three Components along the bottom of a Container?
    1 Set the Container's LayoutManager to be a BorderLayout and add each Component to the "South" of the Container
    2 Set the Container's LayoutManager to be a FlowLayout and add each Component to the Container
    3 Set the Container's LayoutManager to be a BorderLayout; add each Component to a different Container that uses a FlowLayout, and then add that Container to the "South" of the first Container
    4 Use a GridLayout for the Container and add each Component to the Container
    5 Do not use a LayoutManager at all and add each Component to the Container

I have no idea so please need help??

Q: In Java, what can I do to be certain that garbage collection will run when you want:
    1 You cannot be certain when garbage collection will run
    2 Use the Runtime.gc() method to force garbage collection
    3 Ensure that all the variables you require to be garbage collected are set to null
    4 Use the System.gc() method to force garbage collection
    5 None of the above

4> is my answer if this not correct again could you please explain??

Q: To connect Java to another language I would use
    RMI
    JNI
    DCOM
    Serialization

RMI is my answer. If not please explain.

Many Thanks and I need help with these questions.
    Morgan

I'll give you this one: You cannot force garbage collection.

I'm new here, so I don't want to sound rude (right off the bat), but that's all I want to say because this feels like I'm doing someone's homework. It would benefit you more to study the topics and understand them thoroughly than to simply hear the pinpoint answers to specific questions.

Is there anyone here who can enlighten me with these questions?

Thanks for your help. However I am a computer programmer and I was trying to solve some questions on line. Its not home work and I wonder why you said that.

Youíre not rude however I think itís not nice either to making this kind of assumption. I will not post these questions here if these are my home work. I would do whatever I could and then submit.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganS
    Thanks for your help. However I am a computer programmer and I was trying to solve some questions on line. Its not home work and I wonder why you said that.

Youíre not rude however I think itís not nice either to making this kind of assumption. I will not post these questions here if these are my home work. I would do whatever I could and then submit.
    LMAO..

You are not a computer programmer if you are asking these questions!!

Well I'm looking at this: Some Java Exam Web Site

I'm just saying, it's far better for you to do in-depth study by reading books and going through tutorials, and then self-testing afterward to see how you're doing.

I assumed you were posting homework questions due to the elementary nature of the particular questions you're having trouble with and the cut-and-paste format they're presented in.

I'm just trying to help. Reading through the first couple chapters of Java In A Nutshell and Java Foundation Classes In A Nutshell, or any of a hundred beginner's Java books will benefit you tremendously.

Hi,

Q: To connect Java to another language I would use
    RMI
    JNI
    DCOM
    Serialization
    RMI is used for Java-to-Java only communication
    JNI is used to interface with c/c++/assembly
    DCOM can be connected to from Java (i cant remember where i have seen a product that does this..)

CORBA issimilar to RMI but is not restricted to Java only; most OO languages have binding for CORBA

Correct me if I am wrong.

Kind regards,
    Noel

Noel Thanks a lot

Perhaps you can put me in the enlighteen me with this question

Q: Which is true about the client's view of exceptions received from an EJB?
    1 Receiving an application exception communicates to the client that the bean will no longer be accessible
    2 The client of a CMT bean can determine if the transaction has been rolled back by calling the getStatus() method of the java.transaction.UserTransaction interface
    3 If the client receives an EJBException, the client must discontinue the transaction
    4 If the client receives the java.rmi.RemoteException exception, the client will not typically know whether the method has completed

2> is my answer with the limited experience I had with EJB. If not could you please explain?

Thanks so much

Lamo

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Nerd
    LMAO..

You are not a computer programmer if you are asking these questions!!
    Wow thats a heavy comment you put here. I am not here to judge you however I guess you're not helping either. I do code in C and trying to learn Java and checking all online exam and these questions I found on line.

Perhaps you may like to listen Bob Marley "Judge None ..." song.

Peace

Laszlo

Quote Originally Posted by Laszlo
    Well I'm looking at this: Some Java Exam Web Site

I'm just saying, it's far better for you to do in-depth study by reading books and going through tutorials, and then self-testing afterward to see how you're doing.

I assumed you were posting homework questions due to the elementary nature of the particular questions you're having trouble with and the cut-and-paste format they're presented in.

I'm just trying to help. Reading through the first couple chapters of Java In A Nutshell and Java Foundation Classes In A Nutshell, or any of a hundred beginner's Java books will benefit you tremendously.

Thanks a lot for yours HELP. You're correct I was looking on line java exam and got those questions.

However I have so little time and I am sure you would not mind to answer some of my questions if I am stuck. After all knowledge is for sharing right?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by MorganS
    Wow thats a heavy comment you put here. I am not here to judge you however I guess you're not helping either. I do code in C and trying to learn Java and checking all online exam and these questions I found on line.

Perhaps you may like to listen Bob Marley "Judge None ..." song.

Peace
    I am not judging you, just stating you are NOT a computer programmer!!

You want answers a simple google search will find them all for you!!

Peace..

Quote Originally Posted by Laszlo
    I'll give you this one: You cannot force garbage collection.

I'm new here, so I don't want to sound rude (right off the bat), but that's all I want to say because this feels like I'm doing someone's homework. It would benefit you more to study the topics and understand them thoroughly than to simply hear the pinpoint answers to specific questions.
    You can, through invokation of System.gc() or Syste,getRuntime().gc().

Quote Originally Posted by graviton
    You can, through invokation of System.gc() or Syste,getRuntime().gc().
    No, you can't. System.gc() will simply suggest to the JVM that this might be a good time to run garbage collection. It will not force it.