A report about AJAX

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: A report about AJAX

Hybrid View

A report about AJAX

Good day,
    In the previous semester I wrote a report about this technology>>
    Lori ,one of this forum's memebers, advise me to write about it.
    I want to say.. Thank you Lori.
    Here is my report
    I want you to read it and give your opinions or advices.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by LuisFigo; 02-23-2006 at 08:20 AM.

Hi LuisFigo,

I read your report. If I remember correctly from the earlier thread when you were first asking for help, this paper is for a non-CS class where you are supposed to discuss something that is happening in your major field. If that's the case (and assuming that you are not graded harshly on English grammar), this is probably going to fit the bill. What I think you've done well:
    * For a reader who has never heard of Ajax before, you've introduced the topic and explained in a simple way what it is, what it changes, and why it's important.
    * You've plainly contrasted the "old way" with the new way.

What I think you could work on:
    * Your section on Ajax's background seems incomplete. Perhaps you purposely avoided any technical discussion of the technologies at work in Ajax and how they work together because you believe that better fulfills the goals of this assignment. If so, that's fine. As I said before, this paper works well for explaining what Ajax is to someone who has no interest of what happens behind the scenes but for a person with a modicum of understaning of application architecture, this is probably a bit too blithe. You might consider breaking down the components of an "Ajax engine."
    * Your discussion of "What is Ajax" has some contradictory statements. You say that some experts define it as one thing and others describe it as something else. I can't see your references but I think it would be more true to say that all of these things are true and experts would not argue one point against any of the others you cited. Your conclusion that Ajax is not new technology is true, but it contradicts other statements where you define this technology as new. You should probably set the issue of new vs. not new straight in the paper or your reader might be confused. Also, you did not mention who coined the acronym Ajax, which seems as if it might be a relevant sidebar viz-a-viz its "background."
    * In your section on Ajax's future you mention some companies that want to use Ajax in their applications but it might be more accurate to say that while some companies, such as Google, will be utilizing Ajax directly in their Web-based apps, other companies such as Microsoft and Sun will be more focused on integrating their products with Ajax in order to make it possible for other developers to create applications using it. The distinction between consuming the technology directly and enabling the use of the technology through development tools is probably important.
    * Your quote from "Mr. Dietzen" of Zimbra (no first name? No source for the quote?) should probably *follow* the section where you discuss the use of Ajax to make web-based applications look and feel more like Windows applications. Having the quote before the explanation is confusing and the quote would summarize this section well and have a bigger impact.
    * Finally, in your conclusion you cite a "survey" and there is no information (or even a citation) about the survey. That seems an oversight. More generally, your sources seem underrepresented throughout the paper, but you should, of course, consider the standards set by your professor for the coursework.

I hope this is helpful for you and that your grade is satisfactory.

Best,
    Lori

Hi Lori,
    I feel that I could be your friend because you're a nice guy..
    I got an A for this report.. my instructor is an Australian..
    I will come back later to post some comments..
    regards,

Hi Lori

I read your report. If I remember correctly from the earlier thread when you were first asking for help, this paper is for a non-CS class where you are supposed to discuss something that is happening in your major field.
    Yes. you are right. This report is not for CS-Students.

Your section on Ajax's background seems incomplete. Perhaps you purposely avoided any technical discussion of the technologies at work in Ajax and how they work together because you believe that better fulfills the goals of this assignment. If so, that's fine
    yes. you were right. I never hear about AJAX until you told me about it. I read a lot about it since then.

Your discussion of "What is Ajax" has some contradictory statements. You say that some experts define it as one thing and others describe it as something else. I can't see your references but I think it would be more true to say that all of these things are true and experts would not argue one point against any of the others you cited.
    In my sources, some experts define it in such way while there are some other experts define it in another way!

Finally, in your conclusion you cite a "survey" and there is no information (or even a citation) about the survey. That seems an oversight.
    I did that survey myself on my classmates. This source is required.

I hope this is helpful for you and that your grade is satisfactory.
    Yes. It is valuable. Thank you for this.

Best regards,