Device Software Design Engineer - PalmOS redwood city, CA
Position Title : Device Software Design Engineer - PalmOS
Location : Redwood City, CA
Position Type : Contract
Contact Marcus Ronaldi [email@example.com]
No relocation or per diem.
No coverage of expenses related to interview
Telecommuting :All work must be done on site in Redwood City, CA
3rd Parties : Must include full contact info
Directions to apply :If you are interested in this position e-mail me an updated copy of your resume and with your availability and hourly rate requirement. I will contact you for more information.
Primary Skills that must be on your resume:
This person will be responsible for developing device clients for our product line using C/C++/Java on PalmOS platform. These clients support email and PIM Data sync between the device and the enterprise.
Close co-operation with the Quality Assurance group members as well as their counterparts in other locations is required.
- Minimum 3- 8 yrs overall software development experience
- Minimum 2 year (in industry) experience developing wireless applications using Java/PalmOS technologies
- Knowledge of Global System for Mobile communications (GSM), General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) and Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) Technologies and Networks, especially with respect to mobile application development in the context of these networks.
- Demonstrated expertise of object-oriented design and implementation
- Is dedicated to remaining technical and hands on coding
- Proven ability to turn ideas and concepts into carefully designed and well-authored code
- Good communications skills
Bonus Points for:
- Java development in the Linux/Solaris environment
- Hands-on experience with:
* Network technologies (proxy servers, load balancers, HTTP, TCP/IP, UDP)
* Scalable multi-tier services
* Distributed computing
* Internet technologies (HTML/XML, JSP, IMAP, Servlets)
* Wireless technologies (WAP, SyncML, IMAP, iMode)
Keys to success:
- Strong programming background
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Self driven, shows initiative and dedication
- Team Player, understands the company goals and actively contributes to their achievement
- Brings in new ideas and tries to improve the software development discipline
- Eager to help with tight project schedules
- Degree in Computer Science, Electronic/Software engineering, Science or Mathematics is desirable.
Last Post: 07-05-2000, 01:40 PM
By ashley in forum VB Classic
Last Post: 07-05-2000, 01:39 PM
By Purple girl in forum Database
Last Post: 07-05-2000, 01:37 PM
Last Post: 07-05-2000, 01:34 PM
By Clarise in forum Open Source
Last Post: 07-05-2000, 01:31 PM
-- Android Development Center
-- Cloud Development Project Center
-- HTML5 Development Center
-- Windows Mobile Development Center