kindly help with this error after uploading web applcation on web server

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: kindly help with this error after uploading web applcation on web server

kindly help with this error after uploading web applcation on web server

i get the following error while clicking a link to a jsp page after uploading on my server. the webpage and the whole web application although works perfectly well on my pc when i run it locally.

i have built the web application using netbeans and have uploaded thw whole project folder using ws_ftp software. when i click a link in the home.jsp page i get the following error.
    kindly help
    cheers

error message:

Code:
     org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri (http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:60)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:385)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:109)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:116)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:309)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:336)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:750)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:77)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:157)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:111)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:183)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:327)
    	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:427)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:142)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:200)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:146)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:209)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:433)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:948)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:144)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:596)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2358)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:133)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:118)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:116)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:594)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:127)
    	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:152)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

i looked all over to decipher the following.
    i have the build the web application on netbeans 5 , which has inbuilt tomcat bundle version 5.0. hence have used jstl 1.1(inbuilt)
    and tag in jsp = <%@taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsp/jstl/core" prefix="c"%>

but the webserver on which i wud upload has tomcat 4.1.13

hence i have to use jstl1.0
    i did that in my netbeans 5 by adding the jstl 1.0 and standard.jar library.
    tag in jsp in this case is <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jstl/core" prefix="c" %>
    after build i tried uplaoding it to the server, yet same error.

kindly help
    Last edited by indiewolf; 04-12-2006 at 04:07 AM.

having both jstl.jar and standar.jar in WEB-INF\lib directory of your web app should make JSTL work

I DID THAT beforehand, coz i know that it has to be kept in lib folder.

my lib folder in both build and web folders has standard.jar,jstl1.0.jar and mysqlconnector.jar

tomcat version 4.1.31 on server
    and have made all changes as per my above post.

the code runs PERFECTLY WELL WITH ALL links working LOCALLY, ie on my pc.

this is very imp as i need to upload everything on the server.

PLEASE HELP
    CHEERS

still getting this error.

Code:
    org.apache.jasper.JasperException: This absolute uri (http://java.sun.com/jstl/sql) cannot be resolved in either web.xml or the jar files deployed with this application
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jspError(DefaultErrorHandler.java:60)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatch(ErrorDispatcher.java:385)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspError(ErrorDispatcher.java:109)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.TagLibraryInfoImpl.<init>(TagLibraryInfoImpl.java:116)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(Parser.java:309)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(Parser.java:336)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Parser.java:750)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.java:77)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:157)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(ParserController.java:111)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(Compiler.java:183)
    	at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:327)
    	at org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(JspCompilationContext.java:427)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:142)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:240)
    	at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:187)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:809)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:200)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:146)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:209)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:144)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2358)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:133)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:118)
    	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:116)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:127)
    	at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:152)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)
    	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)
    	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)