Architect - Citrix - Fort Lauderdale, FL
Citrix is delivering the best application access experience every day to customers around the world. This is our unique passion – we are the only enterprise software company 100% focused on customer access. As the world’s leader and most trusted name in on-demand access, more than 160,000 organizations around the world use the Citrix Access Platform. Citrix customers include all of the Fortune 100 companies, 98% of the Fortune 500, and 98% of the Fortune Global 500, as well as hundreds of thousands of small businesses and individuals.
Citrix is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following position:
The Architect (Security Specialist) is responsible for applying Citrix Consulting methodologies and providing leadership in the installation, configuration, and implementation of Citrix products and technologies. The Architect provides technical leadership for internal and customer-facing projects of large size or high degree of complexity focused on network and application security. The Architect must be able to develop and maintain application security reference architectures and frameworks while staying current with the latest security threats and mitigation. In addition, the Security Architect will perform complex technical analysis and hands-on technical tasks as part of assigned projects.
The Consulting Architect (Security Specialist) combines excellent technical and solid professional skills to lead and deliver large or complex projects successfully. The Architect will be responsible and accountable for the development of best practices, services and deliverables for Citrix’s Application Firewall.
Typical roles would include:
• Perform application security vulnerability and risk assessments
• Catalog assessments, provide periodic reports and communicate significant trends
• Lead Architect or Technical QA for large and/or complex customer project
• Lead for medium-to-large projects and/or teams with high level of complexity and/or risk (i.e. security sensitive environments, strategic sales initiative)
• Assist with the qualification, scoping, and sales process for “non-standard” service offerings (i.e. Custom Development, Proof of Concept, and Issue Resolution) and assist with SOW development.
• Provide leadership for internal initiatives, including development of Technical Collateral, Field Workshops, Partner Training, iForum/Solutions Summit presentations, and best practices development.
• Develop good working relationships with employees in other departments and geographies
• Understand the project “big picture” and the impact of smaller components on the entire project
• Evaluate/Mentor Staff and Senior Consultants on proper methodology, best practices, technology, and general consulting skills
• Proactively seek to expand knowledge and supplement skills through appropriate use of books, manuals, and other self-study and point of need training
• Communicate technical concepts effectively in written and oral form to a variety of audiences.
• Understand the client’s overall business and strategic IT plans, and effectively position Citrix Products and Services to ensure a successful implementation of Citrix products and technologies.
• Acquire content from and share knowledge with multiple groups such as Support, Product Management, System Engineers and Engineering.
• Effectively multi-task between initiatives (projects, clients, office initiatives, etc.) and consistently produce quality deliverables requiring minimal QA from peers/supervisors.
• Possess a strong command of technology and the business process environment related to a project.
• Keep current with the latest security threats impacting each industry
• Keep current on new/relevant technologies and industry trends
Typical project roles would include:
• Team/Project lead (increased leverage); manage internal initiatives and customer projects
• Corporate Consulting owner of application security knowledge, best practices, services, and deliverables
The Architect must demonstrate good technical, problem solving, and communication skills. The individual must be flexible, dependable, and capable of multi-tasking and possess the ability to quickly learn new products and technologies. The Architect should have an advanced understanding of Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
As a Security Specialist, the candidate should also have advanced knowledge of networking security technologies; strong knowledge of network protocols (layer 7), devices, application security threats, and commonly used tools to test a network’s defenses.
Additionally, the candidate should have experience with the following concepts and/or technologies:
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with vulnerability Scanners (e.g. SPI Dynamics, Sanctum, etc)
• Thorough knowledge of network security architecture, models and methodologies.
• In-depth knowledge of C/C++ and popular design methodologies.
• Must have deep knowledge with networking concepts (TCP/IP, OSI, Application Communication processes)
• Must be capable of conducting security audits and interpreting results
• Must have knowledge of Linux and be comfortable working within the Linux shell.
• Must have a deep understanding of networking security components (e.g. SSL/TLS, VPNs, Firewalling, IDS/IPS)
• An excellent understanding of WAN and LAN switching and routing, ARP, TCP, IP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS and other related internet protocols
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Security certification, e.g. CISSP, SSCP, GIAC or vendor certifications
• Bachelor of Science or equivalent experience
• Knowledge of application firewalls, application security and network security
• 4-7+ years of field experience required
• Minimum of 2 years of information security experience
• Proven Technical problem-solving and design ability
• Demonstrated ability to develop and mentor teams of less-experienced personnel.
• Positive customer service attitude
• Willing to travel 50% of the time on an annual basis.
Please apply online at:
At Citrix, you’ll find an incredible wealth of professional opportunity in an outstanding work environment. Our employees enjoy some of the most competitive benefits found in the industry. The rich array of benefits we offer can greatly increase the value of your earning potential at Citrix. You’ll want to take advantage of these excellent perks. Depending on your place with us, benefits might include: company matched 401(k), stock options and employee stock purchase plan, educational assistance, and much more.
By James in forum Careers
Last Post: 07-29-2001, 02:23 PM
By James in forum Careers
Last Post: 07-29-2001, 02:22 PM
By James in forum Careers
Last Post: 05-29-2001, 10:19 PM
Last Post: 02-23-2001, 11:14 AM
-- Android Development Center
-- Cloud Development Project Center
-- HTML5 Development Center
-- Windows Mobile Development Center