Help! Java is Killing Me!!!

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Help! Java is Killing Me!!!

Help! Java is Killing Me!!!

Here's a code I'm supposed to write and it's killing me. Here's the project:

create a java application of an inventory that stores the names and departments of employees in an organisation and also the corresponding computers (use computer serial provided) that have been assigned them.

the application should run such that, it should take the employee name from keyboard and then produce the corresponding department and assigned computer of each employee.

the application should also calculate the total number of computers in each department and finally the total number of computers in the whole organisation.

store input items such as employee name, dept and assigned computers in excel or notepad.

NB: An interface is needed for the user of this application.

Pls somebody help me out 'specially the code for the calculation of the number of computers and the display. Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks in advance

hey you would need basic java understanding

This is really simple. All you need to create a follwing tables
    computer, Employee, Depat..and make sure that there is a foreign key for eache table in a table. While reading the name of an employe from the screen run a join query for all tables basedon the forieng key woth emp name on the emp table.
    Tahst it! if you dont understand what I wrote aboev you would need to sit with someone who know a bit java and also database..

Thanks for your response. I'm not familiar with database systems yet so I'm still a little bit lost. Thanks anyway.

The good way, you create the Database on access or MySQL but you make know a lot of skills, the simple for your study, you can create two arrays (Employee , Department). Every time you enter the name, the program must search on Dept array to get the dept name and store the total .......

Good luck!