How can i do this

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: How can i do this

How can i do this

Well i'm bit new to programming.I'm trying to create an application in MS Access with the help of VB coding.This application is an expert-system type of thing.Some questions are asked from it and it answers them.plus i want to have it as a small-scale knowledge base too e.g if someone asks about cars,it gives URL of some good cars' sites.How can i give URLs in VB code using MS Access.

How should i approach this task.
    What VB tools to use and how.

I want to keep it a simple as possible.Any help will be apprecited.

Quote Originally Posted by bank
    Well i'm bit new to programming.I'm trying to create an application in MS Access with the help of VB coding.This application is an expert-system type of thing.Some questions are asked from it and it answers them.plus i want to have it as a small-scale knowledge base too e.g if someone asks about cars,it gives URL of some good cars' sites.How can i give URLs in VB code using MS Access.

How should i approach this task.
    What VB tools to use and how.

I want to keep it a simple as possible.Any help will be apprecited.
    It's really simple. You just need to fill your database with data (maybe search about table structure and things like that, if you're not familiar with normalization and all that), then use ADO (or, DAO). I use ADO code,not the controls, to get to my data in the database, simply because that's how it needs to be done based on the way we're doing things (here at work).

There are tons of threads on here about this, as well as plenty of information on google. do some searching, and you should find everything you'll need.

cheers.
    -Jon

Visual Basic 6.0
    Microsoft Access 2003