New to Java and don't know where to start

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: New to Java and don't know where to start

Question New to Java and don't know where to start

Hello my name is Josh I am trying learn Java to make a texted based role playing game and games for younger kids I have had 4 or 5 years in html/javascripting and about 4 months in CSS. I want to get into java really bad so I can start makeing bigger and better things. My Question is Where Do I Start?? I can't go to college because I have to babys and I watch them during the day plus money it tight. I tought myself html, javascripting, and CSS through Joe Burns on HtmlGoodies.com I still can not make javascripting on my own I have to look at someone elses script then rework it to what I need it to be I so I'm kinda afraid I'll have trouble with this but I'm going to try anyway. Like I said my interest in Java is mostly Games and navagation menus. Can anyone spare sometime to help this newbie out. Thank you Very Much

Josh

the are some great examples to be found throughout the internet. But I for one fond that learning Java works best when you have someone to teach you. At least untill you have the basics down.
    Java is a great language, but because of the OOP that comes into play from the start, the learning curve can be a bit steep.
    If you are willing, I'm willing to help you out here, just contact me through MSN and we'll start your crash course asap.

Mark

I think you are interested in java applet.
    The book "thinking in java" suits newbie .
    download
    www.hotdir.biz Hot Java Directory

mark I can't seem to im you I have tryed to add you and it say there is no profile under that name.