borland builder help???
Builder is causing havoc. Royally.
I'm working (struggling)away with my course work
and firstly, when I started on this question I had to do, I was having mega problems with #include "thefileIneededtoinclude.h"
in that-it wouldn't
I had added the file to the project and done it all by the book but it would not work, kept saying the file couldn't be found when i tried compiling the program.
eventually, I gave up on it and started from scratch. This time the #include worked.
However I've just gone back to try and edit a bit of the code and without changing ANYTHING AT ALL I tried to compile it just to see how it looked again, and the same thing happened!! Its saying it can't find the file i added!
I tried adding again-still no joy!
I was working away on another project for maybe 2 hours, and I was reading some coursework when I noticed a box had come up and it said something along the lines of my projects date/time had changed did I want to update it?
So i said 'yes'
and when I finished reading and went back to my program it had been completely reset to default! all the components and code I'd added-gone!
I checked my saved files and they were the same, all completely reset.
I'm a total loss with what to do with this.
my deadline for this is tomorrow and I can't put the finishing touches on the afore mentioned questioned because it won't compile and i don't have time to start from scratch and for the latter project again the deadline is tomorrow and the whole thing has just been basically wiped!
I really don't know what to do :(
if it's the include files that are giving you trouble, add the directory containing your includes to the project's include files path. You can do this by selecting Project->Options menu and then by clicking the Directories/conditionals tab
as I said in my post its not that its not working at all, its that its sometimes not working.
And I haven't changed any settings or options or anything, nothing is changed.
Try to uninstall and reinstall Builder.
Next, make sure that your project is properly configured as a Cnsole App, and that the default directories are also defined correctly.
Thanks I'll try that. Sorry if I seemed snappy Ivan its just this is due in tonight and I was planning to have had it all finished last night, not have to start again from scratch hours before its due in :(:(:(
C++ Builder compiler can be moody at times and sometimes I had to resort to creating a new project with new file names (otherwise name conflicts can occur). Of course most of the work is cut & paste from old projects. My advise to everyone is not to waste more than 15 minutes of time with trying to figure out why it won't compile. Creating a new project will usuallly solve the problem.
-- Android Development Center
-- Cloud Development Project Center
-- HTML5 Development Center
-- Windows Mobile Development Center