Chicago - Windows .NET Developer
Our client is the leading player in the exploding new field of marketing via the mobile phone. In business since 1998 and based in Chicago, the company has achieved dramatic growth by developing and launching interactive text messaging, picture messaging and mobile content products and services to clients in a range of categories.
Clients include blue chip companies such as Verizon, US Cellular, Coke, Burger King, NBC, and CBS Radio. The company has world class technology capable of developing and executing any kind of interactive mobile programming whether it includes text messaging, ring tones, picture messaging, wallpapers, games, etc. The company operates as a marketing and promotions agency, focusing on developing and implementing innovative programs that use technology to drive revenue for our clients.
They keep a very open and inventive atmosphere at all times. Each individual is given great attention and flexibility to work to the best of his or her ability. The company is constantly looking for people who work to enjoy their accomplishments and are always learning while performing everyday activities.
Summary of Position
The Windows Developer will guide multiple projects through the entire software process from design to release. The successful candidate is expected to have good software design methodology and process, and is asked to work in a leadership capacity on many of the projects assigned. They are also expected to be a lead developer on new projects, mentoring and leading less experienced programmer on given projects.
• 5+ years of software development with proven attention to process and design methodology.
• BS or MS (preferred) in Computer Science or equivalent.
• Ability to design an entire platform from the ground up, and code to that design.
• Good leadership skills and ability to manage resources on a project in a technical capacity.
• Ability to meet schedule deadlines and track to a project schedule.
• Experience in designing and querying databases.
• Object-oriented language experience (like C#).
• Ability to work in a dynamic, ever changing environment.
• Experience in mobile networking protocols (SMPP, MMS, WAP, etc.) is a plus and the ability to program off of these specifications.
• Other networking protocol experience is beneficial.
Competitive salary, incentive potential, health (PPO or health savings account) coverage, dental insurance, 401K with matching, monthly phone allowance, vacation time
Last Post: 05-13-2005, 06:46 AM
By pegastaff in forum Careers
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 12:17 PM
By Jason Sobell \(iGadget\) in forum .NET
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 12:00 AM
By Developer Express in forum dotnet.announcements
Last Post: 10-06-2001, 02:43 PM
By ToddB - Agendum Software in forum .NET
Last Post: 05-21-2001, 03:44 AM
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL