[OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric


DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

  1. #1
    Joe \Nuke Me Xemu\ Foster Guest

    [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

    "Ted" <TTarney@hotmail.com> wrote in message <news:3b7434ac$1@news.devx.com>...

    > To tell the truth Ivan, I really don't know what you were commenting about.
    > Let me tell you how this turned out because you obviously weren't paying
    > attention. You see, I asked a question about VB COM+ clients and C++ servers,
    > and well with all the experts on VB here, only 2 people actually helped me
    > solve it. The person that actually solved it was Joe. So how's that for
    > ironic? Now, I am sure some didn't respond because they didn't know, but
    > most probably said screw that Ted guy. Let him figure it out. But, after
    > all of the bantering between Joe and I, he solved my problem. Hmmm. Didn't
    > here from you and all your wisdom.


    The real irony is that you needed the help of "some sniveling(yes VB devs)
    crybaby who doesn't like the how increment and decrement are implemented"
    "dumbass" who likes "a little girls language" and who's never even so much
    as *seen* the COM spec! At least this "jerk off" "does one **** of a job
    reading a ****ing book."

    BTW, what's an HRESULT?

    >=)


    --
    Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster@ricochet.net> On the cans? <http://www.xenu.net/>
    WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above They're coming to
    because my cats have apparently learned to type. take me away, ha ha!



  2. #2
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

    Joe,

    Will you ever learn? That sort of stuff isn't acceptable in this ng ...
    take it to the off.ramp - I'm getting really tired of telling you that.


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  3. #3
    Observer Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric


    zane@mabry.com (Zane Thomas) wrote:

    >Will you ever learn? That sort of stuff isn't acceptable in this ng ...
    >take it to the off.ramp - I'm getting really tired of telling you that.


    Oh, yes, Pious-appearing, High-and-Mighty Section Leader Thomas is getting
    tired of telling people that exactly what he does himself isn't acceptable
    here and that they must to go to the off.ramp so he can tell them, once again,
    to FOAD. What a crock -- both what you said and what you are.

  4. #4
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

    "Observer" <sane@nauseated.net> wrote:

    >Oh, yes, Pious-appearing, High-and-Mighty Section Leader Thomas ...


    Personal attacks by anonymous nitwits are always good for a derisive
    snicker.


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  5. #5
    Bruce Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

    Larry,

    Be a man and put your name on your posts, especially if you're going to
    flame somebody

    Bruce

    "Observer" <sane@nauseated.net> wrote in message
    news:3b75bfeb$1@news.devx.com...
    >
    > zane@mabry.com (Zane Thomas) wrote:
    >
    > >Will you ever learn? That sort of stuff isn't acceptable in this ng ...
    > >take it to the off.ramp - I'm getting really tired of telling you that.

    >
    > Oh, yes, Pious-appearing, High-and-Mighty Section Leader Thomas is getting
    > tired of telling people that exactly what he does himself isn't acceptable
    > here and that they must to go to the off.ramp so he can tell them, once

    again,
    > to FOAD. What a crock -- both what you said and what you are.




  6. #6
    Ted Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric


    Ok jerk off. Ya see, you really didn't solve ****. I kind of just gave your
    ego a little jump there. Being the VB guru( and every other thing ) couldn't
    you tell me the difference with CreateObject and new in COM/COM+. I mean
    there is a difference isn't there? I thought you could tell me.


    "Joe \"Nuke Me Xemu\" Foster" <joe@bftsi0.UUCP> wrote:
    >"Ted" <TTarney@hotmail.com> wrote in message <news:3b7434ac$1@news.devx.com>...
    >
    >> To tell the truth Ivan, I really don't know what you were commenting about.
    >> Let me tell you how this turned out because you obviously weren't paying
    >> attention. You see, I asked a question about VB COM+ clients and C++

    servers,
    >> and well with all the experts on VB here, only 2 people actually helped

    me
    >> solve it. The person that actually solved it was Joe. So how's that

    for
    >> ironic? Now, I am sure some didn't respond because they didn't know,

    but
    >> most probably said screw that Ted guy. Let him figure it out. But, after
    >> all of the bantering between Joe and I, he solved my problem. Hmmm.

    Didn't
    >> here from you and all your wisdom.

    >
    >The real irony is that you needed the help of "some sniveling(yes VB devs)
    >crybaby who doesn't like the how increment and decrement are implemented"
    >"dumbass" who likes "a little girls language" and who's never even so much
    >as *seen* the COM spec! At least this "jerk off" "does one **** of a job
    >reading a ****ing book."
    >
    >BTW, what's an HRESULT?
    >
    >>=)

    >
    >--
    >Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster@ricochet.net> On the cans? <http://www.xenu.net/>
    >WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above They're coming

    to
    >because my cats have apparently learned to type. take me away,

    ha ha!
    >
    >



  7. #7
    Ted Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric


    >The real irony is that you needed the help of "some sniveling(yes VB devs)
    >crybaby who doesn't like the how increment and decrement are implemented"
    >"dumbass" who likes "a little girls language" and who's never even so much
    >as *seen* the COM spec!


    Hey, you said it not me. You don't like how increment and decremented are
    implemented? For what objects?

    >At least this "jerk off" "does one **** of a job reading a ****ing book."


    What the **** are you mumbling about?

    >BTW, what's an HRESULT?


    Hey I think I posed that to you months ago. Still waiting on the ATL thing
    though.

    Admit it Joe, you know **** about COM.


  8. #8
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

    Bruce,

    ROFL, when did they start putting "X-User-Info: 4.41.203.236 4.41.203.236"
    in the headers? :-)


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  9. #9
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

    "Observer" <sane@nauseated.net> (aka Larry Linson) wrote:

    Take it to the off.ramp bub, I know you know where that's at.


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  10. #10
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

    Larry,

    Btw, I moved your most recent off-topic post to the off.ramp and I'll
    continue moving them as long as you need to have them moved.


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  11. #11
    Exposed Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric


    "Bruce" <no@spam> wrote:

    > Be a man and put your name on your posts,
    > especially if you're going to
    > flame somebody


    I just dropped in, via the online interface, to update the comments from
    people in my UG. Not so amazingly, I noted that His Eminent Section Leadership
    hadn't had any change of heart and was harrassing my "triplet brother" (as
    described by one of the Band of Zealots). I thought the name and e-mail appropriate
    to the comment I made.

    And, it's not like it took much detective work to compare the two IPs, is
    it? Unless of course, you didn't start with "nearby" posts, but searched
    the whole universe of those who hold Zane in similar regard.

    Because I'm using a descriptive name this time, too, and I wouldn't want
    either of you to have to go to that minimal amount of detective work again,
    I'll sign this one.

    Larry Linson

  12. #12
    Craig Clearman Guest

    Re: [OT] Why that Ted guy is Annoyingly Esoteric

    Hi Zane,

    >ROFL, when did they start putting "X-User-Info: 4.41.203.236 4.41.203.236"
    >in the headers? :-)


    Anything that comes from the web interface gets the X-User-Info tag, as the
    NNTP-Posting-Host tag, by necessity, must be the web server.

    Ciao, Craig


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center
 
 
FAQ
Latest Articles
Java
.NET
XML
Database
Enterprise
Questions? Contact us.
C++
Web Development
Wireless
Latest Tips
Open Source


   Development Centers

   -- Android Development Center
   -- Cloud Development Project Center
   -- HTML5 Development Center
   -- Windows Mobile Development Center