Senior Software Engineer - 3D Graphics
Anark Corporation provides powerful enterprise software and solutions to organizations that need to cost effectively deliver high-end, interactive 3D based applications. Anark customers such as Boeing, Panasonic Avionics, USAF, Sony and Maserati improve efficiency, save money and communicate more effectively with mission-critical interactive Product Configuration, Product Visualization, Training, and Corporate Communication applications.
A candidate for Senior Software Engineer—3D Graphics will be an experienced, technical software engineer responsible for the development of critical client-side and server-side rendering software frameworks and features. The candidate will be an expert at developing and adapting modern real-time 3D rendering engines in OpenGL and DirectX including advanced pixel-shader architectures. Additionally, the candidate will have sophisticated software architecture and development skills outside of the graphics domain. The candidate will work with a team of motivated developers to plan software releases that adhere to customer requirements within business-acceptable timeframes.
Required Knowledge and Skills
• Capable of managing multiple, concurrent deliverables on aggressive delivery schedules.
• Strong technical and communication skills—capable of garnering the respect of team members and associates within the company.
• Experience with agile development methodologies.
• Excellent architectural skills with experience using best-practices design/architectural patterns.
• Proficient with UML and associated software tools.
• Expert skills developing and adapting rendering engines with DirectX 9.0 and OpenGL, including programmable pipelines.
• Expert skills in 3D graphics rendering and memory optimization, including: modern culling mechanisms, LOD, context switching in the graphics pipeline, etc.
• Expert skills in multi-threaded development and optimization.
• Expert skills in Windows C++ development including Visual Studio .NET
• Strong skills in .NET client-side and server-side development including Winforms and ASP.NET using C# (equivalent Java skill set is viable alternative).
• Strong skills in server-side development on Windows Server 2003 and SOA using XML web services via .NET (equivalent Java skill set is viable alternative)
• Strong linear algebra and 3D graphics math skills.
• Experience with 3D CAD product structure, BRep topology/geometry, and metadata representations produced by feature-based solids modelers such as Catia V5, Inventor, NX, etc. a plus.
• Experience with PDM/ERP products (Windchill, Enovia-CAAV5, Teamcenter, etc.) and their associated software and network architectures a plus.
Required Education and Professional Experience
• 10+ years of professional software development experience.
• 5+ years of real-time 3D graphics specific development experience.
• BS in Computer Science or similar.
Commensurate with experience.
Come work in an interesting, cutting edge, exciting, fun, energetic, friendly and supportive work environment. Those are the words that Anark employees use to describe their experience working in our downtown Boulder office. You will get to learn new technologies and processes on a regular basis and expand your skill-set. Managers are confident in your skills and abilities and will let you work at your own pace to complete tasks and projects. There's a trust between co-workers that we're all experts in our respective areas, so there's no need to make sure someone is on task. We also work hard and play hard. We may work long hours to get a project done, but we know how to relax and have fun too. There is a diverse set of interests among all employees and so whatever your hobby or interest, you can find a colleague to share it with at Anark.
100% Employer paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Employees
60% Employer paid Medical, Dental and Vision coverage for Dependants (Spouse and Children)
Incentive Stock Options
Flexible spending account: Healthcare and Dependent Care spending accounts
Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage
Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Voluntary Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (employee paid)
Three weeks paid time off per year
Eight paid holidays (number may vary year-to-year based on calendar) plus one floating holiday
Wellness pass for heath-related physical activities
Transportation assistance includes a bus pass and on-site bicycle parking
Discount at a local health club
Employee assistance program: Confidential counseling in times of need
Tuition reimbursement on approved courses
Premier Members Federal Credit Union
Anark Employee Referral Program
Casual dress code
Motivated, passionate and fun working environment
And the best benefit of all; the people of Anark
If you are interested in this position, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
By Jocelyn Traher in forum Careers
Last Post: 05-31-2006, 03:11 PM
Last Post: 05-24-2006, 11:03 AM
By C++recruiter in forum Careers
Last Post: 05-18-2006, 03:03 PM
By radixthink in forum Careers
Last Post: 03-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Last Post: 03-12-2001, 08:34 PM
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL