Abnormal application termination
Hello all of you!
I have a strange problem and I need help to solve it.
I have a windows application written in C# that sporadically terminates, no exceptions, no error codes, no messages at all. The application starts a new thread which sends information to the windows form via events. The thread uses USB-connected printers to print small paper-labels and a USB-CAN interface.
Is it a thread related error? Deadlock? Stack overflow?
Is it caused by a collision in the USB-interface?
Hopfully, Daniel Carlson
1. Check the Event Viewer Application Log, sometimes .Net applications will toss an error message there.
2. Do you have Try/Catch/Finally blocks around the code?
3. Can you run the application from within the IDE and get the same issue?
4. Have you tried running in Debug and/or Trace mode to catch additional information?
Stephen H. Stubbs
Software Systems Engineer
Smith Engineering, LLC
Try adding an application-level exception handler.
Very easy to do in .Net
1. No information here...
Originally Posted by shstubbs
2. Yes, I have a try/catch-block around the thread code block. No exceptions can be thrown from within the thread.
3. Yes, sometimes I have noticed the same problem when runnig in the IDE.
4. No more information when running in debug and/or by using trace...
Thank you for this replay. As I can se no application-level exceptions are thrown.
Originally Posted by darren
By krishna in forum VB Classic
Last Post: 11-25-2002, 11:09 PM
By krishna in forum Careers
Last Post: 11-25-2002, 11:05 PM
By Krishna in forum vb.announcements
Last Post: 11-25-2002, 11:03 PM
Last Post: 07-16-2002, 10:33 PM
By Mark Alexander Bertenshaw in forum VB Classic
Last Post: 03-16-2000, 06:17 AM
-- Android Development Center
-- Cloud Development Project Center
-- HTML5 Development Center
-- Windows Mobile Development Center