Visible World, an emerging video advertising technology company, is looking for a seasoned Macintosh application developer with experience building great software for media professionals and/or the graphics community.
Reporting to the Director of Software, the (Senior) Software Engineer Production Tools is responsible for the developing individual Production Tools. A significant part of this work will be GUI related, and multi-platform (Mac and Windows). Major responsibilities and requirements include the following:
The ideal applicant is a solid C/C++ Mac developer, with a background that spans creating fast Mac based code (including graphics/display code), porting code from other platforms (bonus points for porting Win32 and .NET code), and interoperating with other applications, such as Final Cut Pro and After Effects.
We're an early stage company, so flexibility, good judgment, and the desire to learn and adapt are critical.
* Experience developing professional-oriented Mac applicationsBIG PLUS: hands-on experience porting code from C++/Win32 and C#/.NET
* B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
* 3-5+ years of commercial software development experience, with 2+ years of experience with coding Mac OSX apps (preferably authoring tools, or tools related for professional video manipulation)
* Ability to write fast, highly-efficient code and a sensibility for creating software for occasional users
* Experience creating/ designing GUIs
* Good written and oral communication skills (write clear technical design documentation)
* Experience in the whole software development life-cycle (e.g. design, documentation, implementation, test, support).
BIG PLUS: experience with Final Cut Pro XML
* Produce world-quality software designs and code.
* Assist in product integration.
* Assist in test planning and specification, unit test software nodules.
* Participate in review of Business Requirements whenever appropriate.
* Write detailed technical specification documents.
Visit www.visibleworld.com for more information as well as links to recent articles in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and other major publications.