Hi...aLL

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Hi...aLL

Hi...aLL

hi ,guys, its the first time for me here on ur greaT forum, but indeed i want a favor from those who think in problems as a challenge, could anyone help ...if so i will send the pdf file of a network flow problem need to be formulated...thx in advance

Is it your computer course assignment ?

yes, man ,....its a computer assignment, need to be formulated and coded in java,the problem here is could we apply known algorithms such as max flows,lower bounds,have i to post the pdf file man, u have a look ??

Quote Originally Posted by elhelhly
    yes, man ,....its a computer assignment, need to be formulated and coded in java,the problem here is could we apply known algorithms such as max flows,lower bounds,have i to post the pdf file man, u have a look ??
    Your url is not functional, to solve a problem you can use any algortihm that you know of, but you need to code these algorithm in Java.

Cool pdf attachement

sorry man, i attach the pdf file, with this reply, look u r quite right it need to be formulated first,then put a general model to solve it, then code it in java, badly i know the algorithm of maxflow, but i couldnt apply it on such problem, too hard to me, hope u could formulate it...regards;
    Attached Files Attached Files

It is a linear programming problem

You need to optimize the matrix

There are only 6! = 720 ways you can arrange your flight schedule
    You just need to find out which one is optimal (e.g Boston->Washington->....)
    As coding the generalization of it in java is lot of work, you may need to hire some freelance programmer.
    Last edited by it career; 01-17-2007 at 04:07 AM.

r(i,j)

the (ri,j) matrix is of return of flights....we may use what we need from it, not forced, but what we forced to do, is the table ex: boston---> washignton a(i)=6,b(i)=7

what confuses me ( first step) is how to apply these algorithms on such a model ...thats before java coding...so i just need the general model

for more details...plz add me on msn or yahoo
    elhelhly@hotmail.com
    elhelhly@yahoo.com

regards;

Angry confused

no one guys could formulate such a problem ..as a network ??

The assignment is complex, so I do not think you will get somebody to do it for you for free