Hello iam new to ajax so this question might sound simple to you..
let me explain what i did

There are the ones that i added in my header template

PHP Code:
<span style="cursor:pointer;font-size:8pt" onclick="javascript:window.location.href='<?php echo $VAR[0];?>/member/mail/';"><span id="OnAtAGlance">{%messagesOnline%}</span> new message(s)</span>
<script type="text/javascript">InitializeRefresh('<?php echo phpfox_links("ajax","messages"); ?>','100','OnAtAGlance');</script>

<span style="cursor:pointer;font-size:8pt" onclick="javascript:window.location.href='<?php echo $VAR[0];?>/member/friends/?action=requests';"><span id="OnAtAGlance">{%newfriends%}</span> new friend request(s)</span>
<script type="text/javascript">InitializeRefresh('<?php echo phpfox_links("ajax1","friendrequest"); ?>','100','OnAtAGlance');</script>

<span style="cursor:pointer;font-size:8pt" onclick="javascript:window.location.href='<?php echo $VAR[0];?>/<?php echo $VAR[4];?>/guestbook';"><span id="OnAtAGlance">{%scrapbook%}</span> scrap(s)</span>
<script type="text/javascript">InitializeRefresh('<?php echo phpfox_links("ajax2","scraps"); ?>','100','OnAtAGlance');</script>

<span style="cursor:pointer;font-size:8pt" onclick="javascript:window.location.href='<?php echo $VAR[0];?>/member/mail/?action=comment';"><span id="OnAtAGlance">{%alertbox%}</span> new alert(s)</span>
<script type="text/javascript">InitializeRefresh('<?php echo phpfox_links("ajax3","alert"); ?>','100','OnAtAGlance');</script>

Here is what that contains in ajax.php, ajax1.php, ajax2.php & ajax3.php

Ajax.php

case 'messages':
PHP Code:
        $a phpfox_mysql_query("SELECT `id` FROM `mail` WHERE `to` = '$VAR[4]' AND `type` = 'mail' AND `seen` = '1'");

$total mysql_num_rows($a);
        echo 
$total;
    break;
    case 
'check_user':

$a phpfox_mysql_query("SELECT `user` FROM `user` WHERE `user` = '$_GET[item]'");

$b mysql_fetch_array($a);

if ( !
$b['user'] )
        {
            print 
checkLayout();
        }
        else
        {
            print 
checkLayout(sprintf($phpfox_lang['already_member'],$b['user']));
        }
    break; 
The other files are same except that the case and the mysql query gets changed

Now what happens is, when i run it only the first one i.e {%messagesOnline%} is getting refreshed and is getting all the other values of friendrequest, scraps and alerts. but the other things remain unchanged
So only the first one is getting refreshed with the values..
But i want all the other ones to get refreshed and show the updated values from the database

Please help me..

p.s i have attached the main.js file