Complete newbie - please help!
1. What languages are supported in ASP .NET 2.0? Where can I find a complete list? Which one is reccomended?
2. I will need to access a database. Is SQL the only option?
3. The way I understand it, the code and data will be hosted on multiple servers. What happens if User A accesses the site through Server 1 and writes to a file. Then User B accesses the site but he hits server 2 and now he needs to read the same file. How does this work? How is the data dynamically replicated across servers?
This must be a very common problem. They want a forum on their site so I am sure this is not a hard thing to do, but for some reason I cannot figure out how this happens.
4. Is AJAX hard to learn or implement? I guess this is relative, but what I mean is that is the ASP .NET AJAX api easy to pick up if you have some entry-level OOP experience?
5. Does web-development require creating threads/processes? I was never able to understand this stuff in college and have only dabbled in it slightly. Why would a web app need to launch a process?
I'm sure these are silly questions but I hope someone can help. Everyone has to start somewhere right?
Welcome to DevX.
Do you have the complete Visual Studio 2005 suite? (VB.NET, C#, ASP.NET, ADO.NET)?
As far as the database is concerned, SQL is only one option. Oracle is another. MySQL is yet another.
I don't answer coding questions via PM or Email. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum section.
Please use [Code]your code goes in here[/Code] tags when posting code.
Before posting your question, did you look here
Got a question on Linux? Visit our Linux sister site.
Modifications Required For VB6 Apps To Work On Vista
By Rocksoft in forum AJAX
Last Post: 01-31-2007, 02:43 AM
By Itai Raz in forum Open Source
Last Post: 09-01-2003, 05:22 PM
By AutomatedQA Corp in forum .NET
Last Post: 05-31-2002, 02:24 AM
By Aqeel Khan in forum VB Classic
Last Post: 04-04-2001, 12:14 PM
Last Post: 03-25-2001, 02:46 AM
-- Android Development Center
-- Cloud Development Project Center
-- HTML5 Development Center
-- Windows Mobile Development Center