WinXP/VB6Pro. My App is having a problem with Microsoft Office. A friend installed the App on her computer without a problem. When she went to start it she got a window requesting her to insert the Microsoft Office CD. After clicking the cancel 'x' 4-5 times the warning went away and the App worked fine. My App has nothing to do with Microsoft Office, and it's the first time anyone has had this type of problem. I'm trying to figure out why it is doing this. Here's what I do know:

-I did have Office on my primary development computer. I use Access to create and view my DB's outside the VB App.

-My VB App uses DAO 3.6 to directly access my own DB files in the App directory.

-My friend also uses Office on her notebook (where she installed my App) and it is accessed not from the computer's hard drive, but from a Mini USB hard drive, which was not connected at the time of the install (registry issue?).

We can eliminate the problem if the mini drive is connected when we try to run the VB App, but if the mini drive is not connected, it asks for the Office CD.

Can anyone tell me what is happening here? I strongly suspect the mini drive is the culprit, but I can't work out how to repair the problem.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Shannon