dynamic database connection
For one of my projects, i need to develop a product in .net which will be connecting to a company's database to run specific queries. The database is unknown at development time.
1. Which component is able to let the user dynamically select a database connection and return a connection string such that i can save it? Or is there a better way to do this in .net code easily?
2. Given that connection string, and a usergiven query for that database, for how can i run that query? Is there a generic datareader, executescalar, etc
any help much appreciated!!!!!
1) Create a common interface for the database operations.
2) You can have separate dll for each of the database you wish to support implementing the interface.
3) Load the appropriate dll runtime based on the database selected.
4) Make all your implementation based on the interface methods.
I guess this should help you to solve your problem.
By karthikeyan in forum VB Classic
Last Post: 11-18-2002, 08:45 AM
By deepa george in forum VB Classic
Last Post: 08-21-2002, 08:20 AM
Last Post: 04-04-2001, 04:06 AM
By Adam Dawes in forum VB Classic
Last Post: 12-21-2000, 11:50 AM
By PAOLINO MONTANINO in forum VB Classic
Last Post: 10-26-2000, 04:18 AM
-- Android Development Center
-- Cloud Development Project Center
-- HTML5 Development Center
-- Windows Mobile Development Center