Hello everyone,

I was looking for a quick and simple way to cycle through images and text dynamically in a div-- and a friend recommended the ajax periodicalupdater through the prototype.js framework...

Well, I went ahead and did a test run, and it works great on my browsers (firefox & safari), however a friend viewed the page today on IE, and he said the content was not changing-- only if he switched to another tab and then came back would he see a different image.

So, I am wondering-- is this a common fact that IE can't handle this? Or is there perhaps something wrong I am doing?

Here is my page: (The News column on the left is what is supposed to update)...
view my ajax test page here...

Oh, and one other question-- As of right now, I am randomly picking my images/text from an array in my separate php file. I ideally just wanted to cycle through the images 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3,etc... However, I could not find a way to pass variables into my 2ndary php file.. even with globals-- the php file ajax calls does not seem to be able to access any variables from my main php page, and I am wondering how I can get around this to keep track of which image is currently being viewed.

Thank you kindly.

-patrick