dcsimg

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to Data transfer between 2 GSM modem?

how to Data transfer between 2 GSM modem?

hi all expert,
    my boss throw me a job that to research transfer data between 2 modem. anyone can help me on this issue? wanna use vb6 to de a program on that. any step or commands to use on it? thanks for help 1st!

What kind of data?

thanks for reply me..

the files to transfer is .txt file only. but long distance so need the functions.

Hopes can help me on this!! thanks!!!

Well, I'm kind of wondering why modems would be used for this?

Have you considered an FTP solution?

i just follow my boss instruction. he told me that GSM modem can dial to another GSM modem directly. so i just try to find out the codes. about the FTP solution, i also try it but i nvr succes when i key in the code in hyper terminal. "ftpput://....." always error after this. i dun know what is the exactly step to setting it to FTP for the modem. could you help me? senario of my boss now is he want a machine at place A transfer a text file to place B through FTP or GSM dialup or GPRS transfer. you have any solution if you were me

really no one can help me i heard that is something like dialup and then transfer the files with what "stream" format. why i still cant find anything from internet. tired on looking the information.. more than 1 week for this topics i looking on internet

hi

Hi, Did you find any solution for the same...
    currently i got the same problem statement...

thanks in advance

hi, what kind of things u want?? i have done some, but dun know which can help u

hi
    thanks for replying....

I am currently trying to transfer files between two GSM Modems( using com1 port OR u can say RS232 ). I could achieve this using Hyper terminal in Windows System. but my requirement is to automate the whole process on both ends. So, I am trying to achieve the same using a java program or application. Can you help me in this regard..??

regards.

what i had done regarding this is:

1) u have to make sure both line in modem have the service of DataCall.(means that is a different services against voiceCall and DataGPRS, u may request from telco "Technical" department, cos normally sales department person dun know about this.)
    2) i using vb.net to develop the software. and use the dataStream.

logic like this way: CallModem(CM),ReceiveModem(RM)
    i have to make datacall CM to RM, after connected, i convert the file to transfer, into stream, and separate it into smaller size(i using 5k) then plus a keyword to determine is end of the stream and transfer.
    everytime u post in Hyperterminal at CM, the RM will receive, after CM post stream then change to receive mode, then ur RM side is keep open for receiving mode, so once finish receive 1st stream by detect the keyword in Stream, then RM change to sending mode and post back a keyword to inform CM start tranfer 2nd stream then RM change back to receive mode. then at the CM there will receive keyword from RM that to ask for 2nd stream then CM change to sending mode again to do the following stream.

in above detecting keyword, sure u have to convert back to normal stream and check instring for keyword.

i have include in the stream to send.
    1) how many stream to send (eg: 2/10)
    2) Keyword for End of Stream (eg: -END- )
    3) keyword for Filename (eg: filename.txt)

after you receive all converted stream(cut off the keywords) and combine them together, then at the RM have to make a Hangup command to terminate the DataCall between them.

maybe my english is no so good or i have left something to mention. any question can ask me again~ good luck!

hi, thanks for replying..

About the data call, I know my sim data no and voice no.. to transfer some files do we need to establish a data connection before?
    i mean do i need to call one modem from other modem before transfering?
    Or i can just send directly to the other end..

I am trying to transfer files between two GSM Modems..

If possible can you post your code, so that i will get a brief idea about it..

thanks in advance.

Milli

you do to call the RM from CM using data no.

atd+0123456789 & vbcrlf

after get connected, both side will have a return value Connect9600 or something else...

if u try use CM by modem to call ur own phone and ur phone support dataCall function, then u will see datacall incoming on ur phone.

hi nigege..

I tried as u said but it seems i am missing some step in between...
    i am trying to do the same in java as well Matlab and failed in both..

can you plz kindly post your vb codes (if possible) or give some some reference, so that i get a clear idea on how to do that.. OR it might inspire me to do the same in VB..

awaiting reply ..

thanks in advance,
    milli

Awating reply

sorry, quite busy recently, i try to get for u when i free.
    previously i also ask for code but it also nvr work if i apply it directly. because i remember there r some more to do b4 start using those code.
    so u post ur progress now and problem met at which part. i will post to u my code asap