I am sorry if I am not putting this in the right forum, but I'm not exactly sure where to put this.

Anyway, I know this can be done, I've seen it a lot. I'd love to do it as well, but I Don't know any JavaScript/AJAX at all and practically would need the code given to me.

But I wouldn't mind learning some. And I can understand it enough to manipulate it, but not write it at all.

Ok, I have created an employee information database. When an employee is highed, they need to be put into the database. I just had to enter in a bunch of information that would have been much easier to do if I had an auto populate script.

I was thinking AJAX because the entire form is on one page (and it has to be, so I can't break it up to do this). Once the frist and last name are typed in, there is a Username and an e-mail address that needs to be autogenerated.

The username is just the first name and the first initial of their last name put together. This may change eventually so I still want the user to be able to change this if they need to, but if it could auto generate it would save a lot of time.

So if John Doe typed in his name it would autofill the Username box with "JohnD" and then the e-mail box with "JohnD@company.com".

Pointing me to tutorials is fine to. Like I said, I really don't mind learning, but I just don't know where to start.

Thank you for any help!