sending notes.txt to computer using Mobile via bluetooth

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: sending notes.txt to computer using Mobile via bluetooth

sending notes.txt to computer using Mobile via bluetooth

Hello,
    I am sending notes, txt by my mobile nokia 2630 to my desktop PC computer windows XP via bluetooth (it has a usb bluetooth adapter Kensighton using a software from the company WIDCOMM Bluetooth software 5.1.0.1700) and the problem I have is that: every time I send the note.txt it never change the name. I mean, every note I send I lost my last note and It just replace the last note I've sent with the name Nokia.

At the bluetooth of my Mac computer each txt file I send arrives with a diferent name, for example nokia#1, nokia#2, etc....
    But in my pc it doesnt happen.
    Do you know why?
    with the images and videos files it gos correctly, each one I send arrives with a different name.

Do you know how can I get a different names for notes.txt in my PC, using the software kensighton WIDCOMM Bluetooth software 5.1.0.1700?

thanks so much,

Anaisa

During the sending process is there no where to instruct it what to send the text file as?
    I don't answer coding questions via PM or Email. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum section.
    Please use [Code]your code goes in here[/Code] tags when posting code.
    Before posting your question, did you look here?
    Got a question on Linux? Visit our Linux sister site.
    Modifications Required For VB6 Apps To Work On Vista

I can choose the folder where it goes, but when arrive a new file to my computer using the mobile it doesnt storage the message, it only replaces the old message.
    For example, I send one message and it arrives in my chose folder if the name nokia.txt, and if I send another message the first message disappear and substitute the old message with same name nokia.txt

this is the problem. ive tried also in a laptop PC computer and is the same thing. only in mac it arrives with different names as nokia#1, the second nokia#2, the third nokia#3 and so on.

Do you know how to solve this?

ive tried to download any softwares as nokia pc suite, but still the same..

My suggestion would be to take the notes.txt file, each time you receive a new copy, and either rename it yourself or move it to a different folder so that the next notes.txt doesn't overlay the current one.
    I don't answer coding questions via PM or Email. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum section.
    Please use [Code]your code goes in here[/Code] tags when posting code.
    Before posting your question, did you look here?
    Got a question on Linux? Visit our Linux sister site.
    Modifications Required For VB6 Apps To Work On Vista

I assume it has to do with the file system that the target system card supports. I think Hack's suggestion is the most practical solution to this problem.
    Danny Kalev