Advice - for any certification exam... ?
Just though I'd post and ask in here for any general advice or any specific advice... on taking certified exams (in my case Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition 1.4 (CX-310-035) - I studied hard... read the materials, am taking the practice tests (WHIZlabs) and it seems OK 45/61...)
Exams related questions:
* Any particular general methods when answering questions?
- like process of elimination - of unlikely choices to home in on the correct one
- on certain questions I also started answering as to why the other choices are not OK and that can reveal the real answer
- doing specific checks? I developed a step by step check of things to review and watch out for; check for specific 'tricky' things like: 1) illegal modifiers, 2) accessibility, 3) return types... anyone cares to add 4) ? ... n)
* What is the proper approach to answering questions? - I heard that for questions with lots of code - it's better to first read the question, then the possible answers - this way you are tuned in into what is expected/going on and then looking at the code.
* Also when presented with a large code to read - I developed a habit of going to main(...) and start working from there...
* Any specifics you can recomend that one should watch out for?
* What general and specific things one should do before taking exams? days before the exam? Night before the exam? Right before the exam? review like crazy or just let my unconscious mind work over what I have learned?
* And so on - any help and advice is very appreciated...
Last edited by InGearX; 01-28-2008 at 05:45 PM.
You have already given yourself the best advice that I could give you, and that is this:
Originally Posted by InGearX
I don't answer coding questions via PM or Email. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum section.
Please use [Code]your code goes in here[/Code] tags when posting code.
Before posting your question, did you look here
Got a question on Linux? Visit our Linux sister site.
Modifications Required For VB6 Apps To Work On Vista
By Frank in forum Database
Last Post: 03-05-2003, 02:37 PM
By James in forum Talk to the Editors
Last Post: 12-12-2001, 05:51 AM
By Susan Kindel in forum xml.announcements
Last Post: 06-12-2001, 04:32 PM
Last Post: 05-25-2001, 04:19 PM
Last Post: 05-05-2001, 07:53 PM
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL