BufferedGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because a buffer operation is currently

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: BufferedGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because a buffer operation is currently

BufferedGraphicsContext cannot be disposed of because a buffer operation is currently

Hi All,

Not sure if this is the best place to post but the above error seems to be occuring when loading an DeveXpress XtraGrid (although I don't think its to do with this from looking at similar posts across the net) with around 1998 rows of data (via a BindingSource). I thought this was a threading issue as the loading of all the data for the grid is done using a BackgroundWorker object but when I ran the loading code all on the UI thread, I got the same problem. In any case, I've been very careful to keep any Windows control operations running on the Main thread to avoid Cross Thread exceptions

Also, this issue only seems to occur on my machine which is running Windows XP whereas on two of my colleagues machines, the grid loads up ok (they are running Vista and the spec of their machines is higher than mine).

I can't see exactly what line of code is causing this issue as VS 2005 doesn't break for the error in time but from the Exception detail, it says its occuring in the System.Drawing dll.

Can anyone help me with this???? Could this be to do with the fact that the grid is so large because of the amount of data that its bound to and so when its being drawn its causing the system to crash (this is my guess but then how can I resolve it?)

Cheers,

Adam

The best place to get help with third-party controls is directly from the vendor. DevX.com is not affiliated with DevExpress; you might try their support site: http://www.devexpress.com/support/ .
    Phil Weber
    http://www.philweber.com

Please post questions to the forums, where others may benefit.
    I do not offer free assistance by e-mail. Thank you!