VB.Net 2008 - How to put a constraint on a Button

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: VB.Net 2008 - How to put a constraint on a Button

Hybrid View

VB.Net 2008 - How to put a constraint on a Button

Hello

I'm currently coding a mini payroll system for a software engineering subject.

The main thing needed for payroll though is the time, because we all know this is where the salary of the employee will be based upon.

Having this in mind, a payroll software needs to have a table in the database where it can store the time in and the time out of an employee.

I wanted to know if it is possible to apply a constraint on the log in button? It can only be pressed one time and cannot be pressed again until the employee logs out.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me

Actually I have implemented a the same scenario, in one project which I developed for my friend.

You can allow the Employee to press the button any time which entering and leaving, but if row related to that day is not present then you create a row and set LogIn and LogOut values to the same time. Each time the Employee press the button, you can see for the date and update the LogOut time alone, and finally at the end of the day will get the first LogIn and last LogOut timings.

I hope im clear.
    Last edited by RoughGuy; 03-19-2009 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughGuy View Post
    Actually I have implemented a the same scenario, in one project which I developed for my friend.

You can allow the Employee to press the button any time which entering and leaving, but if row related to that day is not present then you create a row and set LogIn and LogOut values to the same time. Each time the Employee press the button, you can see for the date and update the LogOut time alone, and finally at the end of the day will get the first LogIn and last LogOut timings.

I hope im clear.
    hi. thanks for the reply.
    would it be too much to ask of you if I can see a sample code of the button? ^_____^ I'm really having a hard time right now with my application haha.
    thanks again~