Hi all,

The standard method for enabling (showing) and disabling (hiding) a css style sheet is this:

document.styleSheets[0].disabled=true;

This method is used to change background pictures on a web page to other ones, say, if a user clicks a button or selects a drop-down option.
You can have two css files with two different pictures, styleSheets[0] and styleSheets[1], and hide and swap them to make the picture change.

However, "document" always refers to the current window you are in. If a web page has multiple windows (controlled by different css files), does anyone know how to disable the stylesheet of a Different window than the one you are in?

For example:

[the other window on the page].document.stylesheets[0].disabled=true??

? ? ? ? ?

That way, you can click a button or change the drop down on one window, and have it affect the PICTURE in the other window.

I have an application written by other people (who can't be reached ever) and it has multiple windows on it......each with its own css file.
I want to do something on one window (change a drop-down box), and have it enable/disable stylesheets with their background pictures on the other.

I've been stuck on this for days.
Thanks for any help!