RWOrderedIterator

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: RWOrderedIterator

RWOrderedIterator

Hello,

I have a piece of code that I'm compiling and running on Unix :-

RWOrderedIterator nextColumn( pRow->getColumns() );

when I compile using Sun_Solaris_11, all compiles and runs ok.

If I use Sun_Solaris_12, then the program compiles ok, without any warnings but crashes on this line.

I put debug messages to make sure this is the problematic line.

Any ideas what this might be please ?

Many thanks,

Imanuel.

Have you recompiled/obtained your RogueWave library for 64 bit or are you trying to use 32 bit versions? From your previous posts it seems you're doing some migration work. I don't think that it's directly an O/S issue, more likely H/W architecture ...
    DKyb
    -------------------------------
    Life is a short warm moment -
    Death is the long cold rest.
    Pink Floyd

Thanks for that.

How do I know whether I'm using the 64-bit of RW ? If I'm pointing my PATH to the Sun Solaris 12 compiler, isn't this enough ?

I actually checked and RWOrderedIterator exists under /hfx/opt/Sun_ONE_Studio_12_Compiler_Collection

Thanks.

no straight-forward answer:
    -if you are using make files then you should make sure that your include/library - paths point to the 64 bit versions for all *.a/*.lib files etc. RW is not a system library but a 3rd party (and might I say legacy) library.
    - also make sure that your $PATH variable has the 64-bit paths before the 32bit paths (if you got any). The reverse is true if you compile 32 bit.
    - but as mentioned before: you should make sure that the library version you're pointing to is indeed the 64bit one. If your company has the source code (which I know some of them have) then your best bet is to re-compile/re-link the library

- If I were you I'd try to successively replace things like RWOrderedThingyOneOrOther with something more reliable and standard like the STL/boost. Saves you headaches in the future and indeed the paths and environments settings should point you to the right files for your arcitecture and O/S
    DKyb
    Life is a short warm moment -
    Death is the long cold rest.
    Pink Floyd

It's not enough to compile the code with the right flags. You still need to link against the 64-bit RW binaries, which is probably where the problem lies.
    Danny Kalev

Hi Danny,

Thanks for that.

I checked online and found that all I need to do is point to /usr/lib (where the 64-bit libraries exist) and create a new LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 (which apparently can be set to be the same as LD_LIBRARY_PATH, with the only difference of pointing to sourcepro9). Do you know whether there is anything else that needs to be added to LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 ? Also, does it matter if I still have in my environment LD_LIBRARY_PATH as well as LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 ? Even when I removed LD_LIBRARY_PATH and only kept LD_LIBRARY_PATH_64 I got the same result.

Iím using Sun_Studio_12 compiler since we need Oracle 11.2 (and when we installed Oracle 11.2 a pre-requisite was to install Sun_Studio_12 compiler). When I read online, I found that Sun_Studio_12 compiler should be used with sourcepro 10. Any ideas if I can use sourcepro9 ?

Is there a way for me to confirm that I actually linked using 64-bit ? I used 'ldd' and 'file' and they confirmed to me that it's a 64-bit executable, but I am not sure how to confirm that I linked 64-bit.

Can you please help ?

Many thanks,

Imanuel.