j2me application to send file via bluetooth

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: j2me application to send file via bluetooth

Red face j2me application to send file via bluetooth

Hi!
    I would like to create an application in J2ME which allows to transfer files between two mobile terminals via bluetooth....
    Does anybody knows more about? Is it possible? where can i start?
    do you have some code to start with?
    I'm using netbeans 4.0
    thank you all
    J_p

Of course it's possible. You need to look for the right SDK for yoru specific mobile devices. Normally, you can download the sources from Sun or from the mbile device's manufacturer's site along with extensive documentation and examples. I would also recommend trying to work with an emulator first (i.e., PC to mobile) and only then move to the real thing; otherwise debugging will be very difficult.
    Danny Kalev

Question

thank you Danny...
    I've already started to develope an application able to discover devices and their services...
    Let's suppose my application is running on the DEVICE A and it discovers the DEVICE B...
    Now what I'd like to do is to browse the file of the DEVICE B...
    How can I do...does anybody have some example code?

Thank YOU!

Problem in receiving data in mobile sent from pc

Hi!all..
    I am doing the same thing...in my project actually i want to transfer data from pc to mbile back and forth..using bluetooth
    In that i am able to transfer data from mobile to pdesktop pc successfully..
    in my application desktop pc is server and mobile j2me application is client....
    Now i am able to connect both mobile and pc and as i have told u already i am to send data from mobile to pc and pc receives them and prints them but when i am trying reverse thing my mobile receives data randomly i.e. it may happen that mobile doesn't receive data at all or mobile receives all the data...and in that ratio of not receiving data in mobile at alll is more than receiving successfully....

I have also tried to communicate between two mobiles in which one is server and other mobile is client using same code to receive and send data....they both communicate well successfully back and forth...

but problem is only between pc and mobile....

Another thing i have also tried to make my mobile server and pc as client but in that case when in service search completed method when pc client tries to connect to mobile server which is already successfully in waiting mode the pc throws an exception "java.io.exception : Connection failed"

So i mnot getting the reason why it is happening....

pc server can receive data from mobile client successfully and can slao send data successfully but mobile client doesn't receives or some times receives....

mobile server and mobile client both successfully communicate with each other successfully.......

And mobile server and pc client case mobile server goes into waiting mode but client is not able to connect with server throws and io exception: "Connectionfailed"

So is there any one who has same problem as mine???????

or is there any one who can tell me the reason why it is not receiving data or why connection failed exception is coming?????????

Or is there any one who has done successful communication between pc server and mobile client???????????

if some one is there then plz help me because in my project to transfer data back and forth between mobile and pc is necessary....in any case...

Help from any one would be appreciated greatly..............

Problem in receiving data in mobile sent from pc via bluetooth

hi!
    now i m stuck up with new problem...

Now i am able to receive data that's only string in mobile 5300 but there is problem in that...
    It is like when it receives data the mobile client show that it is disconnected automatically from the connection..
    So after that i am not able to send that data to pc server as before i do anything after service search it first promplt me that it is disconnected...
    So i can read the data only once and it shows the exception that"java.io.exception:InputStream is closed"

And after that when try to send that data to pc it shows me exception "Symbian Os error -36" is. disconnected..
    As it is obviouse that it is disconnected as it promplts me first...

But the odd behaviour is here that when i m trying to read int it show that available bytes are 4i.e.for integer data type but it reads 0 instead integer pc has send to monile...So in this case it won't automatically get disconnected...So if i send data to pc the application will lwt me to send as many time as i want...

So the observation of this behaviour is that when mobile receives string it reads it successfully and display it perfectly...and get automatically disconnected ...but when it read any data type except string it show the data in stream while checking with method is.available() according to data type but it doesn't read that data from stream so displaying nothing and in this case it won't get disconnected automatically...so i m able to send data to pc..

Is there any body who has same problem ????
    Is there any body who can help me to sort out my this problem...????

Any help from any one will be appreciated..

Thanks....

[QUOTE=dogman]Hi!
    My quote is toward dogman:
    well Mr. can u tell me have u created this application
    "I would like to create an application in J2ME which allows to transfer files between two mobile terminals via bluetooth...."
    if so plz tell me as soon as possible as i m going to build my final project, and i need this thing as a part of my software application that i may add this option: send via bluetooth

Any one other can suggest me about add option(send via bluetooth) in my application..............

need source code ofsource code of sending file via bluetooth reply soon.........

Hi!.... We are doing the project on sending text files between two mobiles via bluetooth. As you mentioned that you had tried communicating between the two mobiles, we would like to see the code.
    i also have some doubts regarding project...
    Do we need to register on mobile server for communicating between two mobiles via bluetooth? if yes, then what is the procedure? why we need emulator or simulator?
    Quote Originally Posted by forumname
    Hi!all..
    I am doing the same thing...in my project actually i want to transfer data from pc to mbile back and forth..using bluetooth
    In that i am able to transfer data from mobile to pdesktop pc successfully..
    in my application desktop pc is server and mobile j2me application is client....
    Now i am able to connect both mobile and pc and as i have told u already i am to send data from mobile to pc and pc receives them and prints them but when i am trying reverse thing my mobile receives data randomly i.e. it may happen that mobile doesn't receive data at all or mobile receives all the data...and in that ratio of not receiving data in mobile at alll is more than receiving successfully....

I have also tried to communicate between two mobiles in which one is server and other mobile is client using same code to receive and send data....they both communicate well successfully back and forth...

but problem is only between pc and mobile....

Another thing i have also tried to make my mobile server and pc as client but in that case when in service search completed method when pc client tries to connect to mobile server which is already successfully in waiting mode the pc throws an exception "java.io.exception : Connection failed"

So i mnot getting the reason why it is happening....

pc server can receive data from mobile client successfully and can slao send data successfully but mobile client doesn't receives or some times receives....

mobile server and mobile client both successfully communicate with each other successfully.......

And mobile server and pc client case mobile server goes into waiting mode but client is not able to connect with server throws and io exception: "Connectionfailed"

So is there any one who has same problem as mine???????

or is there any one who can tell me the reason why it is not receiving data or why connection failed exception is coming?????????

Or is there any one who has done successful communication between pc server and mobile client???????????

if some one is there then plz help me because in my project to transfer data back and forth between mobile and pc is necessary....in any case...

Help from any one would be appreciated greatly..............

Hi!
    I would like to create an application in J2ME which allows to transfer files between PC and mobile via bluetooth..
    I want to know where to write the programs..and how to connect mobile?

Thank You

Hi! I have to write a program to send a message from a computer to a mobile phone which in turn will sent the same mesage to another mobile phone? Please forward me the source code of any similar program if you have. Its for my final year project

how to make a midlet that sends text file from phone to another phone

Good Day!
    I am currently doing a project using J2ME. I should make a Midlet for a server which is a Nokia Series 60 phone and another Midlet for the client which is also a Nokia Series 60 phone. As of now, the server Midlet can send image files to client. what am i supposed to do is to add a function that can also send TEXT FILE. sending of files is through bluetooth.
    Please help me regarding this.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi! Ive got a problemm in sending msg between 2 mobile devices. Plz help me

hi evry body and how are u all

i heard whatu tallking about
    i guss all of u know what is bloover is

but its so bad not just qz iit wont work with new cellphones

aahahahh
    not just that
    i found out that its spy on you 2 and i sent 2 martin who mad it
    the dude
    told me thier is nothing and iknow its full of bugs
    so any one know s
    any way
    mybe some one can make it usefull

hi all if u need 2 do so
    u can go 2

http://www.mulliner.org/bluetooth/bluespamfaq.php

ihope i was wright

i need to know how u are able to send messages

hello everyone...
    i just read all this conversation and i too is interested in doin a similar project as my final tear project...
    i wanted to know if any 1 of u cn tell me how can i build a application which can send messages to a mobile phone from a pc via bluetooth or viceversa....
    i want 2 know from the beginning....
    thanx....