VS 2010 Report fails to display Barcode jpg files

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: VS 2010 Report fails to display Barcode jpg files

VS 2010 Report fails to display Barcode jpg files

Visual Studio Report 2010 (rdlc) fails to display 2d barcode images. However, it displays the normal jpg files without any problem.

Any idea on how to get the barcode images displayed?

I cannot help you specifically with VSR since I do not use it, but I have some experience using jpeg files in my applications. Maybe this can help.

Are you sure that your barcode images are standard jpg files?

jpg files are complex things. If the software that produced the images does not follow the file format to the letter, you might have problems displaying the files in some environments.

The are also a few different variations in the formats going around under the jpeg label. Maybe your barcodes use one of those formats, and VSR does not recognize it.

For instance, most digital cameras that produce jpeg images add an Exif portion at the end of the image in the file. Exif is a standard that enables the camera to record some information along with the file (date picture taken, name of the camera, was the flash on or off...). Most software that display jpeg simply disregard this data, but I have seen software that choke on .jpg files that have that extra information.

Good luck
    Jacques Bourgeois
    JBFI
    http://www3.sympatico.ca/jbfi/homeus.htm

I am using Barcode Generator for RDLC.
    The generated barcode images could be customized easily. The size of the symbol as well as the entire image could be redefined with pixel, cm, or inch. The rotating and aligning of the symbol could be changed. And Create and save barcode images in PNG, BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF formats.
    Hope it helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomassunshine View Post
    I am using Barcode Generator for RDLC.
    The generated barcode images could be customized easily. The size of the symbol as well as the entire image could be redefined with pixel, cm, or inch. The rotating and aligning of the symbol could be changed. And Create and save barcode images in PNG, BMP, GIF, JPEG, TIFF formats.
    Hope it helps!
    Hi, I hope you can see my post and please solve this problem for me. I downloaded a trial versions of that product and everything went well. But there is a watermark on each of the barcode image and I hope tp find a way to remove those watermarks. Thanks in advance!

.net

Hi very nice post. Hiring the services of a dedicated .net developer is quite attractive and beneficial.

Integrating this barcode reader control in your Visual Studio and you are able to read and display multiple barcodes (1d and 2D) from various image formats, including jpeg, tiff, png, etc.