Help with net use Win8/10

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Help with net use Win8/10

Help with net use Win8/10

Using: Visual Studio 2013 / Language

I have a program I've been working on and I was doing it in windows 7. I just installed the windows 10 tech preview and now I'm having an issue with one of my shell commands.

The shell command just runs a net use with my credentials (username and password provided before process begins) but now with win 10 (and I would assume 8 due to style) it's saying "The specified network password is not correct".

Can someone enlighten me as to what actual credentials win 8/10 use. Before I logged in with Redplanet / <password>. Now I log in with <> / <password> and it's as if my user account of Redplanet is no longer real even though when I do a system.environment.username it pulls my original username of Redplanet.

I have even tested the Net Use outside of my program and manually typing it into a command line window and get the error. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Riviera Beach, Maryland, USA
    Windows 10 is not finished yet. It's still full of bugs that need to be worked out.

Indianapolis, IN
    I read that Microsoft has stated not to use the Windows 10 Tech Preview for development. That indicates you are going to have trouble if you try to....

Bradley L. Jones
    Author, and more.
    QuinStreet Enterprise Network / Network
    (,, DevX, jGuru, and more!)

Riviera Beach, Maryland, USA
    Yep: > Windows Technical Preview
    Remember, trying out an early build like this can be risky. ... Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, ...

Microsoft advises users to wait for Windows 10 Consumer Preview
    Microsoft has advised non-enterprise users against downloading Windows Technical Preview, an early build of Windows 10.

The computing giant suggests that members of the general public wait for the Consumer Preview of the operating system, due for release in early 2015.
    Windows Technical Preview is aimed squarely at businesses, allowing their IT departments to take an early look at Windows 10's features and prepare their systems accordingly.
    Microsoft advises business users interested in Windows Technical Preview to install it to a secondary machine, as it is still a work in progress.