Actipro Wizard 2.0 Released (Windows Forms Control)
We are pleased to announce a new release of our popular Wizard control
for the .NET framework.
This version adds a great New Page Wizard to the design-view editing
of Wizard, that makes it easier than ever to create new wizard pages.
Several smaller features have been added as well.
Discover more about Wizard at:
Features of Wizard include:
* Adheres to the Wizard97 specification
* Create interior pages, with header pre-generated
* Create exterior pages that fill the wizard client area
* Create welcome pages using pre-defined templates
* Easily design wizard pages at design-time
* Navigate through pages at design-time by clicking on the Next and
Back buttons or by using verbs
* Add or remove pages using designer verbs
* Use the New Page Wizard to easily create new pages
* Templates for configuration of blank interior, exterior, and welcome
* Templates for customer information pages
* Templates for radio button selection pages
* Manage and re-order the pages collection by using the Pages
collection of the Wizard control
* Automatically handles wizard page step flow and manages button
* Programmatically override the flow of the wizard page steps and
button enable states
* Perform validation before pages are changed and cancel page
switching if data entry on a page is not complete
* Disable or hide buttons while performing processing tasks
* Inherit from the WizardDialogForm which provides a Form with a
built-in Wizard control
* Resizes with parent Form
* Set the accept and cancel buttons on the container Form to wizard
* Powerful localization support including the ability to set
different fonts, text, button widths, etc. for each language
* Handle events at the general Wizard level or at the WizardPage-
* Extremely customizable user interface properties
* Show the Finish button in the same space as the Next button or
* Optionally align the Help button to the left side of the wizard
* Supports Windows XP visual styles if you include a manifest in
* Control the flat styles of buttons and handle hot-tracking events
to set their BackColor
* Handle wizard, wizard page, and interior page header Paint events
to perform custom draw
Wizards are one of the best ways to simplfy the user experience of
applications. They allow developers to take complex operations and
break them up into a series of simple steps. Each step is customized
to a specific task and provides specialized explanations and controls
for that task.
From a design perspective, wizards are similar to property sheets in
that they hold a collection of pages that are displayed one at a time.
However instead of using tabstrips to navigate through pages, Next
and Back buttons are used. Wizards contain a number of pages, each
page representing a step in the wizard. The problem is that Windows
Forms provides no easy way to design wizards, that is, until now.
Actipro Software's Wizard control provides a powerful framework for
developing wizards that follow the Wizard97 specifications.
Its design-time features allow you to visually design your wizard.
At design-time you can manage all the pages in the wizard, navigate
through the pages, and lay out each page's child controls. The user
interface of the wizard can be completely customized and is
reflected in the designer.
At run-time, the wizard automatically manages stepping through the
wizard pages and controls the button enabled states. You can override
this default behavior to programmatically control the flow of the
wizard steps or control the button enabled states.
Wizard comes packaged with sample projects and documentation on how
to use the control as well as complete class library documentation.
We also offer other several excellent user interface controls:
DockableWindow and TabStripPanel
DockableWindow gives your applications powerful docking tool window
functionality with auto-hide and dockable tabbed MDI, while
TabStripPanel duplicates the styles of tabstrips found in Visual
Please visit the Actipro Software .NET product web site for more
information on our products or how to download them:
Actipro Software LLC
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL