uploading db to web server
I think there is some mistake. All of the posts to this point have discussed
how to get a recordset from a SQL Server DB on the web server. I don't think
that was the intent of the topic. We are supposed to be talking about UPLOADING
DBs to the web server.
I have some experience uploading. It is a royal pain in the ***!
Using SQL 7.0) You have to back up your database to a .dat file. Then,
you have to upload your .dat file to the web site server. Next, you have
to write a text batch file as follows:
1. Open Notepad (or another text editor).
2. Type the following (you will have to customize for your situation):
Restore Database nwind_test
With Move 'northwindcs' To 'c:\windows\desktop\nwind_test.mdf',
Move 'northwindcs_log' To 'c:\windows\desktop\nwind_test.ldf'
Where the syntax of the statement above is
Restore Database <name of the original database on SQL SERVER>
From Disk=<path to the .dat file created when you uploaded your .dat> With
Move <name of the original database> To <path of your choice, new location
for the .mdf file>, Move <name of the log file for the original database,
3. Save the file as restore.txt, then upload it to your IHP
4. Open a DOS prompt.(at your IHP's server). This is where you need assistance
from somebody at your IHP. Somebody on the IHP end has to do the following
5. Type the following at the C prompt
osql -S (local) -U SA -P
*****It is case sensitive.
6. Type the following at the prompt 1>
('c:\scratch' is the new location of restore.txt file at the IHP)
7. Type the following at the prompt 2>
8. You should get something similar to the following:
Processed 104 pages for database 'testsql', file 'TestSQL_dat' on file 1.
Processed 1 pages for database 'testsql', file 'TestSQL_log' on file 1.
Backup or restore operation successfully processed 105 pages in 0.133 seconds
-- Android Development Center
-- Cloud Development Project Center
-- HTML5 Development Center
-- Windows Mobile Development Center