Idiosyncrasies in contacts


DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Idiosyncrasies in contacts

  1. #1
    Chuck Callahan Guest

    Idiosyncrasies in contacts





    We are using Exchange 200 and Outlook 2000 and have come up with a “strange”
    issue with contact. If any of you have any ideas on how to correct the problem,
    PLEASE let me know.

    We have the need for our administrative assistants to be able to access their
    managers Outlook components. We have used the “Open these additional mailboxes”
    feature to allow the viewing of the managers Outlook folders. This works
    very well. However, when contacts are viewed this way the it appears that
    some contacts are missing.

    If you open up Contacts on the mangers system, using view by categories,
    it will say for example:

    Categories: (none) (174)
    Categories: (Business) (136)

    However, when you open them through the Assistants system when logged in
    as themselves and opening the manager’s mailbox with the “Open these additional
    mailboxes” feature, they see

    Categories: (none) (171)
    Categories: (Business) (129)


    Does anyone know why there is a discrepancy and how we “synchronize” the
    assistants system so that he right number of categories are shown.


    Charles B. Callahan
    Information Systems Analyst\Webmaster
    San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District
    chuckc@sbvmwd.com

    Share on Google+

  2. #2
    Peter Guest

    Re: Idiosyncrasies in contacts


    I suspect that the Contacts which can't be seen by the Administrative Assistants
    have been marked private.

    -Peter

    "Chuck Callahan" <chuckc@sbvmwd.com> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >We are using Exchange 200 and Outlook 2000 and have come up with a “strange”
    >issue with contact. If any of you have any ideas on how to correct the problem,
    >PLEASE let me know.
    >
    >We have the need for our administrative assistants to be able to access

    their
    >managers Outlook components. We have used the “Open these additional mailboxes”
    >feature to allow the viewing of the managers Outlook folders. This works
    >very well. However, when contacts are viewed this way the it appears that
    >some contacts are missing.
    >
    >If you open up Contacts on the mangers system, using view by categories,
    >it will say for example:
    >
    > Categories: (none) (174)
    > Categories: (Business) (136)
    >
    >However, when you open them through the Assistants system when logged in
    >as themselves and opening the manager’s mailbox with the “Open these additional
    >mailboxes” feature, they see
    >
    > Categories: (none) (171)
    > Categories: (Business) (129)
    >
    >
    >Does anyone know why there is a discrepancy and how we “synchronize” the
    >assistants system so that he right number of categories are shown.
    >
    >
    >Charles B. Callahan
    >Information Systems Analyst\Webmaster
    >San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District
    >chuckc@sbvmwd.com
    >


    Share on Google+

  3. #3
    Chuck Callahan Guest

    Re: Idiosyncrasies in contacts


    That is the weird thing about this, there are no contacts listed as private
    either.

    "Peter" <durkeep@lanepowell.com> wrote:
    >
    >I suspect that the Contacts which can't be seen by the Administrative Assistants
    >have been marked private.
    >
    >-Peter
    >
    >"Chuck Callahan" <chuckc@sbvmwd.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>We are using Exchange 200 and Outlook 2000 and have come up with a “strange”
    >>issue with contact. If any of you have any ideas on how to correct the

    problem,
    >>PLEASE let me know.
    >>
    >>We have the need for our administrative assistants to be able to access

    >their
    >>managers Outlook components. We have used the “Open these additional mailboxes”
    >>feature to allow the viewing of the managers Outlook folders. This works
    >>very well. However, when contacts are viewed this way the it appears that
    >>some contacts are missing.
    >>
    >>If you open up Contacts on the mangers system, using view by categories,
    >>it will say for example:
    >>
    >> Categories: (none) (174)
    >> Categories: (Business) (136)
    >>
    >>However, when you open them through the Assistants system when logged in
    >>as themselves and opening the manager’s mailbox with the “Open these additional
    >>mailboxes” feature, they see
    >>
    >> Categories: (none) (171)
    >> Categories: (Business) (129)
    >>
    >>
    >>Does anyone know why there is a discrepancy and how we “synchronize” the
    >>assistants system so that he right number of categories are shown.
    >>
    >>
    >>Charles B. Callahan
    >>Information Systems Analyst\Webmaster
    >>San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District
    >>chuckc@sbvmwd.com
    >>

    >


    Share on Google+

  4. #4
    Peter Guest

    Re: Idiosyncrasies in contacts


    I don't mean that the Contacts are in a catagory named Private. I mean that
    the checkbox labeled Private, in the lower-right corner of the opened Contact,
    has been checked. Checking this box causes anyone viewing the Contacts list
    from another mailbox to not be able to see that Contact.

    -Peter

    "Chuck Callahan" <chuckc@sbvmwd.com> wrote:
    >
    >That is the weird thing about this, there are no contacts listed as private
    >either.
    >
    >"Peter" <durkeep@lanepowell.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>I suspect that the Contacts which can't be seen by the Administrative Assistants
    >>have been marked private.
    >>
    >>-Peter
    >>
    >>"Chuck Callahan" <chuckc@sbvmwd.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>We are using Exchange 200 and Outlook 2000 and have come up with a “strange”
    >>>issue with contact. If any of you have any ideas on how to correct the

    >problem,
    >>>PLEASE let me know.
    >>>
    >>>We have the need for our administrative assistants to be able to access

    >>their
    >>>managers Outlook components. We have used the “Open these additional

    mailboxes”
    >>>feature to allow the viewing of the managers Outlook folders. This works
    >>>very well. However, when contacts are viewed this way the it appears that
    >>>some contacts are missing.
    >>>
    >>>If you open up Contacts on the mangers system, using view by categories,
    >>>it will say for example:
    >>>
    >>> Categories: (none) (174)
    >>> Categories: (Business) (136)
    >>>
    >>>However, when you open them through the Assistants system when logged

    in
    >>>as themselves and opening the manager’s mailbox with the “Open these additional
    >>>mailboxes” feature, they see
    >>>
    >>> Categories: (none) (171)
    >>> Categories: (Business) (129)
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Does anyone know why there is a discrepancy and how we “synchronize” the
    >>>assistants system so that he right number of categories are shown.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>Charles B. Callahan
    >>>Information Systems Analyst\Webmaster
    >>>San Bernardino Valley Municipal Water District
    >>>chuckc@sbvmwd.com
    >>>

    >>

    >


    Share on Google+

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center
 
 
FAQ
Latest Articles
Java
.NET
XML
Database
Enterprise
Questions? Contact us.
C++
Web Development
Wireless
Latest Tips
Open Source


   Development Centers

   -- Android Development Center
   -- Cloud Development Project Center
   -- HTML5 Development Center
   -- Windows Mobile Development Center