How to invoke Word.exe?


DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: How to invoke Word.exe?

  1. #1
    Alieu Bah Guest

    How to invoke Word.exe?


    Hi there,

    I need some help on how to write an application that invokes Word.exe from
    an html document.
    I have written one at the moment but it so buggy that I don't think it is
    reliable.

    Thanks in advance.

    Alieu

  2. #2
    Alieu Bah Guest

    Re: How to invoke Word.exe?


    "Alieu Bah" <alieu.bah@finnevo.fi> wrote:
    >
    >Hi there,
    >
    >I need some help on how to write an application that invokes Word.exe from
    >an html document.
    >I have written one at the moment but it so buggy that I don't think it

    is
    >reliable.
    >
    >Thanks in advance.
    >
    >Alieu


    Perhaphs I need to explain my problem more clearly. I need help in writing
    a java application
    (be it standalone or applet, but preferably an applet)that invokes Word.exe
    when called.


    Alieu

  3. #3
    Nikhil Guest

    Re: How to invoke Word.exe?


    Hi,
    Here is the code for you to invoke word.exe from an application. Hope it
    will help you. Please response.

    Bye now,
    Nikhil

    class OpenWord
    {
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    System.out.println("Openning the Word...");
    try
    {
    Runtime.getRuntime().exec("start Winword.exe");
    }
    catch(java.io.IOException e) {}
    System.out.println("Word.exe opened");
    }
    }
    "Alieu Bah" <alieu.bah@finnevo.fi> wrote:
    >
    >"Alieu Bah" <alieu.bah@finnevo.fi> wrote:
    >>
    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>I need some help on how to write an application that invokes Word.exe from
    >>an html document.
    >>I have written one at the moment but it so buggy that I don't think it

    >is
    >>reliable.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance.
    >>
    >>Alieu

    >
    >Perhaphs I need to explain my problem more clearly. I need help in writing
    >a java application
    >(be it standalone or applet, but preferably an applet)that invokes Word.exe
    >when called.
    >
    >
    >Alieu



  4. #4
    Alieu Guest

    Re: How to invoke Word.exe?


    Nikhil,

    thank you very, I'll try it and then send you a feedback.

    "Nikhil" <mamo_nil@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >Hi,
    > Here is the code for you to invoke word.exe from an application. Hope it
    >will help you. Please response.
    >
    >Bye now,
    >Nikhil
    >
    >class OpenWord
    >{
    > public static void main(String[] args)
    > {
    > System.out.println("Openning the Word...");
    > try
    > {
    > Runtime.getRuntime().exec("start Winword.exe");
    > }
    > catch(java.io.IOException e) {}
    > System.out.println("Word.exe opened");
    > }
    >}
    >"Alieu Bah" <alieu.bah@finnevo.fi> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Alieu Bah" <alieu.bah@finnevo.fi> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hi there,
    >>>
    >>>I need some help on how to write an application that invokes Word.exe

    from
    >>>an html document.
    >>>I have written one at the moment but it so buggy that I don't think it

    >>is
    >>>reliable.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks in advance.
    >>>
    >>>Alieu

    >>
    >>Perhaphs I need to explain my problem more clearly. I need help in writing
    >>a java application
    >>(be it standalone or applet, but preferably an applet)that invokes Word.exe
    >>when called.
    >>
    >>
    >>Alieu

    >



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center
 
 
FAQ
Latest Articles
Java
.NET
XML
Database
Enterprise
Questions? Contact us.
C++
Web Development
Wireless
Latest Tips
Open Source


   Development Centers

   -- Android Development Center
   -- Cloud Development Project Center
   -- HTML5 Development Center
   -- Windows Mobile Development Center