Java 1.1 vs Java 2


DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Java 1.1 vs Java 2

  1. #1
    Al Bokolor Guest

    Java 1.1 vs Java 2


    I am an absolute rookie Java programmer "wannabe". I know very little about
    programming but I'm very interested in learning bot VB and Java. I just picked
    up two Java books entitled "Visual Java 1.1 Unleashed", and "Teach Yourself
    Java 2 Platform". (They were cheap!!!) My question is: In your opinions,
    which version should I devote my time to learning?

    TIA
    Al

  2. #2
    alberto Guest

    Re: Java 1.1 vs Java 2


    i would spend zero time and effort in Visual J++. Try looking at JDK to begin
    with (http://java.sun.com) and build up from there. Good luck! Also might
    wanna download ver 3 from sun (p.s. i am not anti-microsoft nor pro but
    they will drop off J++ because it does not fit THEIR needs...nevermind the
    customer)

    "Al Bokolor" <albokolor@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >I am an absolute rookie Java programmer "wannabe". I know very little about
    >programming but I'm very interested in learning bot VB and Java. I just

    picked
    >up two Java books entitled "Visual Java 1.1 Unleashed", and "Teach Yourself
    >Java 2 Platform". (They were cheap!!!) My question is: In your opinions,
    >which version should I devote my time to learning?
    >
    >TIA
    >Al



  3. #3
    Al Bokolor Guest

    Re: Java 1.1 vs Java 2


    Thanks for the advice. Would that be JAVA 2 Platform / Version 1.3 that you
    recommend I download and learn? Also, there is a huge difference between
    Microsofts' Java and others? Or is it mainly the IDE environment? I agree
    with you that Microsoft is too greedy for their own good!


    "alberto" <albert77@rocketmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >i would spend zero time and effort in Visual J++. Try looking at JDK to

    begin
    >with (http://java.sun.com) and build up from there. Good luck! Also might
    >wanna download ver 3 from sun (p.s. i am not anti-microsoft nor pro but
    >they will drop off J++ because it does not fit THEIR needs...nevermind the
    >customer)
    >
    >"Al Bokolor" <albokolor@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>I am an absolute rookie Java programmer "wannabe". I know very little about
    >>programming but I'm very interested in learning bot VB and Java. I just

    >picked
    >>up two Java books entitled "Visual Java 1.1 Unleashed", and "Teach Yourself
    >>Java 2 Platform". (They were cheap!!!) My question is: In your opinions,
    >>which version should I devote my time to learning?
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>Al

    >



  4. #4
    alberto albert Guest

    Re: Java 1.1 vs Java 2


    1.3 true

    some vendors make their own classes (IBM, BORLAND, etc. ) and some are pure
    java....later


    "Al Bokolor" <albokolor@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >Thanks for the advice. Would that be JAVA 2 Platform / Version 1.3 that

    you
    >recommend I download and learn? Also, there is a huge difference between
    >Microsofts' Java and others? Or is it mainly the IDE environment? I agree
    >with you that Microsoft is too greedy for their own good!
    >
    >
    >"alberto" <albert77@rocketmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>i would spend zero time and effort in Visual J++. Try looking at JDK to

    >begin
    >>with (http://java.sun.com) and build up from there. Good luck! Also might
    >>wanna download ver 3 from sun (p.s. i am not anti-microsoft nor pro but
    >>they will drop off J++ because it does not fit THEIR needs...nevermind

    the
    >>customer)
    >>
    >>"Al Bokolor" <albokolor@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>I am an absolute rookie Java programmer "wannabe". I know very little

    about
    >>>programming but I'm very interested in learning bot VB and Java. I just

    >>picked
    >>>up two Java books entitled "Visual Java 1.1 Unleashed", and "Teach Yourself
    >>>Java 2 Platform". (They were cheap!!!) My question is: In your opinions,
    >>>which version should I devote my time to learning?
    >>>
    >>>TIA
    >>>Al

    >>

    >



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center
 
 
FAQ
Latest Articles
Java
.NET
XML
Database
Enterprise
Questions? Contact us.
C++
Web Development
Wireless
Latest Tips
Open Source


   Development Centers

   -- Android Development Center
   -- Cloud Development Project Center
   -- HTML5 Development Center
   -- Windows Mobile Development Center