reading information from i-net address - pls, URGENT
I have to do a Java applet which:
1. connects to a given i-net address
2. reads (parsing) HTML-file
3. search given words in html code
4. displaying results
I am not experienced in network programming and I have many questions, for
1. can U give me locations in i-net with sample codes
2. do I need to make it as application(as far as I know, an applet cannot
access other i-net resourses)?
3. how to open/read a distant html sourse code?
thanks for ANY kind of help; I must do it in next 3-4 days.
// excuse my English
Re: reading information from i-net address - pls, URGENT
If you want to do this from an applet, you'll have to sign the code and the
user will need to trust you.
To read from the net, just create a URL, and get the input stream from it.
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL