ANN: Automate your Software Builds with Visual Build Pro
Kinook Software announces the release of Visual Build Professional 4.5, a
powerful build management solution for Windows and web developers.
Visual Build Professional allows developers and build masters to save time
and money by creating an automated, repeatable process for building their
software. Visual Build Professional provides extensive support for Microsoft
development tools and also works with most other third party tools.
New features in this release include:
* Copy Files (copy, move, delete, and synchronize files and folders)
* GAC Install/Uninstall
* Replace in File
* Start/Stop Service
* Read/Write INI File
Enhancements to actions:
* Make VB6
* Make VC6 - support LIB dependency + more
* Make VS.NET - support building individual projects + more
* Process Files - folder include/exclude + more
* SourceSafe - support many more operations + more
* Subroutine Call
* Support overriding of checkbox/radio fields on custom action screens
* Copy steps and macros to clipboard as text in XML format
* Stop auto-scrolling of Build view if manually scrolled during a build
Visual Build Professional runs on Windows NT 4, 2000, and XP. A free evaluation
copy can be downloaded at http://www.visualbuild.com.
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL