dcom for activex dll
We have a problem calling ActiveX dll functions from other machine as dcom
calls. Can you pl. help on how to install, config activex dll on server and
how to register it on client so to make enable dcom calls...
Re: dcom for activex dll
For those who need it...
DCOM for ActiveX EXE using Visual Basic
DCOM for ActiveX DLL using Visual Basic
Create the Server
1. Create an ActiveX DLL project
2. Select the component tab on Project Properties window, and check the 'Remote
Server Files option
3. Make Dll (Related VBR and TLB files will be created)
Setup the Server
1. Register the ActiveX DLL component on the server using Regsvr32.exe
2. Run OLEView.exe from Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 -> Microsoft
Visual Studio 6.0 Tools to create the surrogate
process (ActiveX Dlls can not be configured using DComCnfg.exe)
3. Select the component from the Automation Objects on the left hand side
Treeview in OLE/COM Object Viewer window.
4. Check 'Use Surrogate Process' option on the Implementation tab
5. On the File menu, click the 'Run The Registry Editor' option.
6. Close the OleView and Registry Editor windows.
7. Run the DCOMCNFG.EXE to configure the component
8. Select the application from the Applications list then set the properties
and default security options.
9. Close the DCOM configuration properties window.
Create the Client
1. Create the Standard Exe client project to access the Server component
2. Add the reference to the Server component
3. Make an executable
4. Start Package and Deployment Wizard, and then select the client project
5. While creating the Standard Setup package, deselect the sever component
6. Include the Server component's VBR and TLB files by clicking Add button
on Include Files dialog box
7. Complete the remaining procedures of Package and Deployment Wizard
Setup the Client
1. Install the client on the computer on which you would like to run it,
using the distribution package.
2. When Setup prompts for the server location, provide the name of the computer
where the server component resides
"Mayank" <email@example.com> wrote:
>We have a problem calling ActiveX dll functions from other machine as dcom
>calls. Can you pl. help on how to install, config activex dll on server
>how to register it on client so to make enable dcom calls...
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL