ADO Updates not happening fast enough to give correct totals.
I have a VB program that is using ADO to connect to an Access database. I
have some grids that are bound to some ADO controls, when I change the
values in the grid, I update, and then recalculate some totals, and then
display the totals.
Here's what it's doing: When I make a change to data in the grid, the
totals seem to be one change behind. It's like the update isn't fast enough
to update before my code that calculates the totals executes.
I have put in explicit update instructions before the totaling code, but it
doesn't seem to work.
Interestingly, if I tell it to calculate the totals twice, It comes up with
the correct answers.
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL