Looking For NewsGroup

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: Looking For NewsGroup

Looking For NewsGroup

[Originally posted by Greg DeBacker]

I'm upgrading a mail client a wrote last year. There are many different email "Content-Types" such as Text, HTML, Binary, etc. When an email has an attachment it has a Content-Type of "Multipart". "Multipart" can have several sub types like "Alternate", "Related", "report", and there is a type "digest" This is what I'm looking for so I can test it. What I need to find is a NewsGroup that has the ability to email threads. I believe NewsGroup threads are emailed in type "mulitpart/digest".

Does anyone know where I can find a newsgroup that has the option of emailing threads?

Greg

Re:Looking For NewsGroup

[Originally posted by Dimos Homatas]

I am not quite familiar with nttp, but maybe you can find some details in the RFC. I could tell you the exact number if you want to.

Regards

Dimos Homatas

Re:Re:Looking For NewsGroup

[Originally posted by Greg DeBacker]

I have the RFC. That is what I used to write the client in the first place. That is also where I found out about the multipart/digest format. What I want is an actual email that conforms to that format. I could try and create my own email based on the information in the RFC but .... RFCs are not always the easiest to decipher. I want to be able to do real-world testing. For all of the other Content-Types I was able to use other clients to either create emails that my client would read, or create emails with my client and then make sure other clients could read the email.

Greg