Delphi 6 Personal available for Download - Page 3


DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 197

Thread: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

  1. #31
    Thomas J. Theobald \(Borland\) Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    Quick update - there is an obscure issue with the registration that seems to
    be turning up about five hits a day. If you call customer support and
    describe your circumstance, they can get you a registration/activation key
    over the phone. The number for registration is 800-845-0147. Until we pin
    it down and squish it, reg by phone is the workaround for this issue.

    Later -

    T





  2. #32
    Larry Linson Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    "Thomas J. Theobald (Borland)" wrote

    > I was referring to a post a little while back
    > that Zane made in response to my clarifying
    > some issues about Kylix. I believe he called
    > me a "f***ing jerk" simply for being present
    > in this newsgroup.


    <ZANEBAIT type = "accurate assessment of Zane's newsgroup behavior">

    I doubt that... not Our Dear Zane. He wouldn't call you a "f***ing jerk"
    simply for being present in this newsgroup -- provided you were 100% in
    agreement with him on all issues under discussion. I'd guess that he called
    you a "f***ing jerk" because you were in disagreement with him on some
    point, however minor. I'd also guess that compared to Zane's opinion of some
    of the rest of us, "f***ing jerk" might be high praise indeed.

    It isn't difficult to determine where Zane stands on people who disagree
    with him.

    He, you must understand, has Divine Dispensation to misread numbers by 23+%
    to try to make a point (about which he is wrong anyway, for example, when
    electronic computers first were created and used), to redefine your terms in
    order to shoot down your argument, and to change his own definitions
    multiple times in any argument. You, on the other hand, do not have Divine
    Dispensation to be correct if he doesn't want you to, even if your
    contentions are fully supported by what the rest of the world perceives as
    fact.

    </ZANEBAIT>




  3. #33
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:33:53 -0700, "Robert Kozak" <rkozak@borland.com>
    wrote:

    >For the record
    >I wasn't insulting you but I was commenting on behaviour.


    Well then, for the record, you should bother reading my posts here before
    insulting me. Count the number of lines, the *overwhelming* percentage of
    things I write here are well outside of the picture of me you'd apparently
    like to paint.


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  4. #34
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:17:47 -0700, "Thomas J. Theobald \(Borland\)"
    <ttheobald@@borland.com> wrote:

    > believe he called me a "f***ing
    >jerk" simply for being present in this newsgroup.


    Nope, that's not the reason. Btw, do you have trouble saying "****ing"?
    Is there something troubling about that string of letters?


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  5. #35
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:47:20 -0500, "Larry Linson"
    <larry.linson@ntpcug.org> wrote:

    >It isn't difficult to determine where Zane stands on people who disagree
    >with him.


    yawn.


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  6. #36
    Who Cares Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download


    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    news:3b7af9b5.84940562@news.devx.com...
    > On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:47:20 -0500, "Larry Linson"
    > <larry.linson@ntpcug.org> wrote:
    >
    > >It isn't difficult to determine where Zane stands on people who disagree
    > >with him.

    >
    > yawn. <- Zane hanging on Zanebait hook!!!! Good catch, Larry!






  7. #37
    Who Cares Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download


    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    news:3b79f978.84879015@news.devx.com...
    > On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 17:17:47 -0700, "Thomas J. Theobald \(Borland\)"
    > <ttheobald@@borland.com> wrote:
    >
    > > believe he called me a "f***ing
    > >jerk" simply for being present in this newsgroup.

    >
    > Nope, that's not the reason. Btw, do you have trouble saying "****ing"?
    > Is there something troubling about that string of letters?




    "the overwhelming* percentage of things I write here are well
    outside of the picture of me you'd apparently like to paint"
    - Zany Thomas,
    Aug 2, 2001






  8. #38
    Who Cares Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download


    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    news:3b7af9b5.84940562@news.devx.com...
    > On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:47:20 -0500, "Larry Linson"
    > <larry.linson@ntpcug.org> wrote:
    >
    > >It isn't difficult to determine where Zane stands on people who disagree
    > >with him.

    >
    > yawn.



    "the overwhelming* percentage of things I write here are well
    outside of the picture of me you'd apparently like to paint"
    - Zany Thomas,
    Aug 2, 2001





  9. #39
    Who Cares Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download


    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    news:3b74a716.63789734@news.devx.com...
    >
    > Speaking of "personal insults" and obnoxious, pot kettle black d00d. Btw,
    > that's exactly the sort of bullshit which went on over in the borland
    > groups some few years ago. The delphi zealots were free to insult me and
    > Karl in whatever way they liked, and if we responded we had to deal with
    > LoriTheCancelBot.
    >
    > But don't worry, I have far better things to do than go to your newsgroups
    > and engage in pointless exhanges with you and others there.



    "the overwhelming* percentage of things I write here are well
    outside of the picture of me you'd apparently like to paint"
    - Zany Thomas,
    Aug 2, 2001



  10. #40
    Ian R Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    Do you have anything intelligent to say or is the heat in Phoenix affecting
    you again ?

    "Who Cares" <venetian@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    news:3b6a0876$1@news.devx.com...
    >
    > "the overwhelming* percentage of things I write here are well
    > outside of the picture of me you'd apparently like to paint"
    > - Zany Thomas,
    > Aug 2, 2001
    >





  11. #41
    Who Cares Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download


    "Ian R" <ianr@na.net> wrote in message news:3b6a1005@news.devx.com...
    > Do you have anything intelligent to say or is the heat in Phoenix

    affecting
    > you again ?



    I'm basking in the glow of Zany Wisdom.






  12. #42
    Dave Keighan Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    > I'm basking in the glow of Zany Wisdom.
    I hear it gets much more colourful and substantially warmer when you "try to
    get Zany" in off.ramp

    Dave



  13. #43
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 22:41:17 -0400, "Ian R" <ianr@na.net> wrote:

    >Do you have anything intelligent to say or is the heat in Phoenix affecting
    >you again ?


    He's an lame troller, check it out:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ve...&start=10&sa=N


    --
    The nice thing about standards is that
    there are so many of them to choose from.

  14. #44
    Ian R Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    Genetic drift must be getting worse these days ...

    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    news:3b7f2035.94796578@news.devx.com...
    >
    > He's an lame troller, check it out:
    >
    >

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=ve...en&safe=off&st
    art=10&sa=N
    >





  15. #45
    Joe \Nuke Me Xemu\ Foster Guest

    Re: Delphi 6 Personal available for Download

    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message <news:3b7af9b5.84940562@news.devx.com>...

    > On Thu, 2 Aug 2001 19:47:20 -0500, "Larry Linson"
    > <larry.linson@ntpcug.org> wrote:
    >
    > >It isn't difficult to determine where Zane stands on people who disagree
    > >with him.

    >
    > yawn.


    Does this mean you agree with the statements you've elided? Yes, I can
    see how disagreeing with only that one sentence could induce boredom.

    --
    Joe Foster <mailto:jfoster@ricochet.net> Sign the Check! <http://www.xenu.net/>
    WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above They're coming to
    because my cats have apparently learned to type. take me away, ha ha!



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center
 
 
FAQ
Latest Articles
Java
.NET
XML
Database
Enterprise
Questions? Contact us.
C++
Web Development
Wireless
Latest Tips
Open Source


   Development Centers

   -- Android Development Center
   -- Cloud Development Project Center
   -- HTML5 Development Center
   -- Windows Mobile Development Center