Webservices & Soap
Couple questions Webservices and SOAP:
1. Are Webservices the realization of SOAP technology?
3. Do Webservices package SOAP envelopes behind the scenes and work out the
details as to what types of parameters the service expects, and what type of
information it will return?
2. Does SOAP work via the https protocol?
3. Are Webservices similar to making services available via DCOM just using
a different protocol?
4. In order for a client to utilize a Webservice must it have ROPE.dll
Any information on the above questions would be greatly appreciated. I
apologize if this is too many questions for one post.
Cecilio (Tony) Thomas
Top DevX Stories
Easy Web Services with SQL Server 2005 HTTP Endpoints
JavaOne 2005: Java Platform Roadmap Focuses on Ease of Development, Sun Focuses on the "Free" in F.O.S.S.
Wed Yourself to UML with the Power of Associations
Microsoft to Add AJAX Capabilities to ASP.NET
IBM's Cloudscape Versus MySQL