DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 160

Thread: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

  1. #1
    Patrick Troughton Guest

    WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework


    <quote>
    Microsoft released .Net Framework for download earlier this spring using
    XP's Windows Update feature. The software giant is adding it to the service
    pack "because we've heard from customers and developers who are now building
    applications for the .Net Framework as part of Visual Studio.Net," Cullinan
    said. "They wanted it sooner than later."
    </quote>

    http://news.com.com/2100-1001-922066.html?tag=fd_lede

    /Pat

  2. #2
    Tom Bennet Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework


    Now if everyone would start using XP things would be great It does help
    at least.

    "Patrick Troughton" <Patrick@Troughton.com> wrote:
    >
    ><quote>
    >Microsoft released .Net Framework for download earlier this spring using
    >XP's Windows Update feature. The software giant is adding it to the service
    >pack "because we've heard from customers and developers who are now building
    >applications for the .Net Framework as part of Visual Studio.Net," Cullinan
    >said. "They wanted it sooner than later."
    ></quote>
    >
    >http://news.com.com/2100-1001-922066.html?tag=fd_lede
    >
    >/Pat



  3. #3
    Patrick Troughton Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework


    Thank you.

    /Pat

    "Frank Oquendo" <franko at acadx dot com> wrote:
    >W.E.(Bill) Goodrich, PhD <bgoodric@netzero.net> had this to say:
    >
    >> Interesting that you chose to take that out of context.

    >
    >What's your point? The article specifically states that .NET will be
    >part of SP1 and that SP1 will be available through Windows Update. You
    >didn't refute Patrick's quote, you merely broadened it.
    >
    >--
    >http://www.acadx.com
    >"If you want to be somebody else change your mind"
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >



  4. #4
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

    On 24 May 2002 05:57:46 -0800, "Patrick Troughton" <Patrick@Troughton.com>
    wrote:

    >Microsoft released .Net Framework for download earlier this spring using
    >XP's Windows Update feature.


    And so it begins. :-)


    --
    Turn on, tune in, download.
    zane@mvps.org

  5. #5
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

    On 24 May 2002 14:10:38 -0800, "Patrick Troughton" <Patrick@Troughton.com>
    wrote:

    >In any case, I resent your implication that I was trying to hide something.


    He assumes that everyone else is as dishonest as he is.


    --
    Turn on, tune in, download.
    zane@mvps.org

  6. #6
    Karl E. Peterson Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

    It's actually been on Windows Update for months, now.
    --
    [Microsoft Basic: 1976-2001, RIP]


    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    news:3d06ab8b.237852578@news.devx.com...
    > On 24 May 2002 05:57:46 -0800, "Patrick Troughton" <Patrick@Troughton.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Microsoft released .Net Framework for download earlier this spring using
    > >XP's Windows Update feature.

    >
    > And so it begins. :-)
    >
    >
    > --
    > Turn on, tune in, download.
    > zane@mvps.org



  7. #7
    Zane Thomas Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

    On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:49:28 -0700, "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@mvps.org>
    wrote:

    >It's actually been on Windows Update for months, now.


    Cool - so when are you going to install it? :-)


    --
    Turn on, tune in, download.
    zane@mvps.org

  8. #8
    Patrick Troughton Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework


    Bill,

    Time and again you've proven yourself to be impervious to logic and fact,
    so against my better judgment, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt......

    The article does *not* state that there will be two versions for users to
    download. The sentence to which you keep referring specifically mentions
    PC makers....

    <quote>
    "We are going to include .Net Framework as an optional component, so that
    a (PC maker) has the option to include it on their PCs," Cullinan said.
    </quote>

    See the difference?

    So not only does the article not support your last post, it actually implies
    that *exact* opposite of what you're saying.

    In any case, I resent your implication that I was trying to hide something.
    If that were true, then I wouldn't have put a direct link to the article.
    But I did. This is a fact you conveniently decided to ignore.....

    /Pat

  9. #9
    Randy Jackson Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework


    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    news:3d08b389.239898093@news.devx.com...
    > On 24 May 2002 14:10:38 -0800, "Patrick Troughton" <Patrick@Troughton.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In any case, I resent your implication that I was trying to hide

    something.
    >
    > He assumes that everyone else is as dishonest as he is.


    Unlucky for him, most of us can read.

    --
    RJ



  10. #10
    Patrick Troughton Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework


    zane@mabry.com (Zane Thomas) wrote:
    >
    >Might even be a recommended update (ie. most people will
    >just take it).


    It's currently a recommended update. (I re-imaged a test PC with a Windows
    XP Professional base install and went to Windows Update to verify.)

    /Pat

  11. #11
    Karl E. Peterson Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

    "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    news:3d0ab8eb.241276765@news.devx.com...
    > On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:49:28 -0700, "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@mvps.org>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >It's actually been on Windows Update for months, now.

    >
    > Cool - so when are you going to install it? :-)


    Haven't seen any reason to bother with that one, anymore so than the Euro Conversion
    Tool. But, at only 188K versus 21312K, maybe I might grab that Euro one some day
    afterall. Who knows? <g>

    Later... Karl
    --
    [Microsoft Basic: 1976-2001, RIP]


  12. #12
    Constance J. Petersen Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

    "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@mvps.org> wrote in message
    news:3ceec461$1@10.1.10.29...
    > "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    > news:3d0ab8eb.241276765@news.devx.com...
    > > On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:49:28 -0700, "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@mvps.org>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > >It's actually been on Windows Update for months, now.

    > >
    > > Cool - so when are you going to install it? :-)

    >
    > Haven't seen any reason to bother with that one, anymore so than the Euro

    Conversion
    > Tool. But, at only 188K versus 21312K, maybe I might grab that Euro one some

    day
    > afterall. Who knows? <g>


    Did I read Zane's message correctly that you haven't installed .NET? Knowing you
    as well as I do, I had assumed that your VFred/.NOT routine was based on your
    experience gained from working with .NET. Please tell me I misunderstood?!?


    --
    Constance Petersen, DevX newsgroup section leader
    SoftMedia Artisans, Inc.
    http://www.smartisans.com
    Coming soon to a bookstore near you:
    "Programming the Web with Visual Basic.NET"
    --
    Please reply in the newsgroup so everyone can benefit




  13. #13
    Mike McCann Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework


    "Constance J. Petersen" <constance@smartisans.com> wrote in message
    news:3cef9908@10.1.10.29...
    > "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@mvps.org> wrote in message
    > news:3ceec461$1@10.1.10.29...
    > > "Zane Thomas" <zane@mabry.com> wrote in message
    > > news:3d0ab8eb.241276765@news.devx.com...
    > > > On Fri, 24 May 2002 14:49:28 -0700, "Karl E. Peterson"

    <karl@mvps.org>
    > > > wrote:
    > > >
    > > > >It's actually been on Windows Update for months, now.
    > > >
    > > > Cool - so when are you going to install it? :-)

    > >
    > > Haven't seen any reason to bother with that one, anymore so than the

    Euro
    > Conversion
    > > Tool. But, at only 188K versus 21312K, maybe I might grab that Euro

    one some
    > day
    > > afterall. Who knows? <g>

    >
    > Did I read Zane's message correctly that you haven't installed .NET?

    Knowing you
    > as well as I do, I had assumed that your VFred/.NOT routine was based

    on your
    > experience gained from working with .NET. Please tell me I

    misunderstood?!?
    >
    >

    ROFLAMO!


  14. #14
    Mike Mitchell Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

    On Fri, 24 May 2002 16:11:42 -0700, "Karl E. Peterson" <karl@mvps.org>
    wrote:

    >Haven't seen any reason to bother with that one, anymore so than the Euro Conversion
    >Tool. But, at only 188K versus 21312K, maybe I might grab that Euro one some day
    >afterall. Who knows? <g>


    Well, you're *all* gonna be needing the Euro conversion tool real soon
    now! Better get started!

    MM

  15. #15
    Mike Mitchell Guest

    Re: WinXP SP1 to include .NET Framework

    On Sat, 25 May 2002 10:21:35 -0400, "Constance J. Petersen"
    <constance@smartisans.com> wrote:

    >Did I read Zane's message correctly that you haven't installed .NET? Knowing you
    >as well as I do, I had assumed that your VFred/.NOT routine was based on your
    >experience gained from working with .NET. Please tell me I misunderstood?!?


    Hang about, *I* didn't install it but I was still able to say how much
    I detest VB.Net! One can READ, you know!

    MM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center
 
 
FAQ
Latest Articles
Java
.NET
XML
Database
Enterprise
Questions? Contact us.
C++
Web Development
Wireless
Latest Tips
Open Source


   Development Centers

   -- Android Development Center
   -- Cloud Development Project Center
   -- HTML5 Development Center
   -- Windows Mobile Development Center