String or InputStream =>File

DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Thread: String or InputStream =>File

String or InputStream =>File

The output of one class is String or InputStream, while the next class only accept File. Of course, I can write the String or InputStream into a temporary file. But, is there any way to translate String or InputStream to File directly without writing a file?

Thanks a lot!

A File object is representative of an actual file, so it wouldn't make sense to have a File object without a file, would it?

May I ask what you're attempting to do? It is odd that you would want to create a File, but not a file...

edit: Oh, what class is this? I guess writing it to a real file would be your only choice if you are using a proprietary class that only takes File..

I'm with drain on this one.. perhaps you could tell us which classes are causing your current problem (hence asking us to fix the problem), rather than asking us to fix the "solution" that you propose
    The 6th edict:
    "A thing of reference thing can hold either a null thing or a thing to any thing whose thing is assignment compatible with the thing of the thing" - ArchAngel, www.dictionary.com et al.
    JAR tutorial GridBag tutorial Inherited Shapes Inheritance? String.split(); FTP?

All those classes was written by myself. Writing it to a file may be the only solution.

Anyway, thank you all for your help!

Originally posted by gejianye
    All those classes was written by myself. Writing it to a file may be the only solution.
    Then why not edit the class to accept a String/StringBuffer instead of a File?