DevX Home    Today's Headlines   Articles Archive   Tip Bank   Forums   

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Crystal Reports

  1. #1
    Mitchell Guest

    Crystal Reports


    I've written an application with VB6 and used Crystal Reports 6
    for the report. It works fine on the developer computer but when I package
    & Deploy I Get "Can not initialize OLE", Then "Can not create DAO DBEngine
    when I try to access the report. What am I Missing?
    Best I can tell I have all the references for Crystal Reports checked.
    If I'm missing an OLE Reference, which one?

  2. #2
    Phil Weber Guest

    Re: Crystal Reports

    > What am I Missing?

    Mitchell: Sounds like your distribution package does not include all of the
    necessary dependencies. I would:

    - Download Microsoft's Visual Studio Installer
    ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/vsi11/ )
    and see if it can create a setup that works;

    - Check the Crystal Reports tech support site
    ( http://support.seagatesoftware.com ) for helpful
    info.

    ---
    Phil Weber



  3. #3
    Prashant Patel Guest

    Re: Crystal Reports


    Try this MSDN, Knowledge BAse article ID: Q157471. It might help you.

    Prashant Patel




    "Mitchell" <mtapp@the-i.net> wrote:
    >
    >I've written an application with VB6 and used Crystal Reports 6
    >for the report. It works fine on the developer computer but when I package
    >& Deploy I Get "Can not initialize OLE", Then "Can not create DAO DBEngine
    >when I try to access the report. What am I Missing?
    >Best I can tell I have all the references for Crystal Reports checked.
    >If I'm missing an OLE Reference, which one?



  4. #4
    Mitchell Guest

    Re: Crystal Reports


    Thanks For the response, I'LL see if it can help


    "Prashant Patel" <PRPatel@Consultant.com> wrote:
    >
    >Try this MSDN, Knowledge BAse article ID: Q157471. It might help you.
    >
    >Prashant Patel
    >
    >
    >
    >"Mitchell" <mtapp@the-i.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>I've written an application with VB6 and used Crystal Reports 6
    >>for the report. It works fine on the developer computer but when I package
    >>& Deploy I Get "Can not initialize OLE", Then "Can not create DAO DBEngine
    >>when I try to access the report. What am I Missing?
    >>Best I can tell I have all the references for Crystal Reports checked.
    >>If I'm missing an OLE Reference, which one?

    >



  5. #5
    Mitchell Guest

    Re: Crystal Reports


    Thanks for the response Phil.
    I've been in contact with Seagate and they have been very helpful.
    I've come to the conclusion I'm either not using the correct reference
    or not displaying the report correctly as a stand alone.

    "Phil Weber" <pweber@devx.com> wrote:
    > > What am I Missing?

    >
    >Mitchell: Sounds like your distribution package does not include all of

    the
    >necessary dependencies. I would:
    >
    > - Download Microsoft's Visual Studio Installer
    > ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/downloads/vsi11/ )
    > and see if it can create a setup that works;
    >
    > - Check the Crystal Reports tech support site
    > ( http://support.seagatesoftware.com ) for helpful
    > info.
    >
    >---
    >Phil Weber
    >
    >



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center
 
 
FAQ
Latest Articles
Java
.NET
XML
Database
Enterprise
Questions? Contact us.
C++
Web Development
Wireless
Latest Tips
Open Source


   Development Centers

   -- Android Development Center
   -- Cloud Development Project Center
   -- HTML5 Development Center
   -- Windows Mobile Development Center